Data Privacy & Cybersecurity- (junior/mid-level) Associate - SF
Global Law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has an exciting opportunity for a junior/mid-level privacy lawyer in our San Francisco office. The position will sit within the Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity group and collaborate with fellow experienced GT privacy and security attorneys in the U.S. and abroad.
In order to service the cutting edge needs of GT’s global client base, we seek a self-motivating candidate with technical mastery of the workings of the Internet, deep familiarity with major global and U.S. data protection legal frameworks, and a desire and proven record of providing exemplary client service. This is a partner (shareholder) track position.
The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of advising on complex privacy and/or security matters in practical and business-oriented terms, whether in-house or in private practice. We seek someone with superior writing and communication skills, a strong work ethic, comfort with ambiguity, and outstanding interpersonal skills. IAPP CIPP certification (U.S. and EU) is strongly preferred.
- Admission to practice law in California with excellent academic credentials;
- 3+ years of experience specializing in data privacy matters;
- Knowledge of and experience in assisting companies develop global privacy programs in compliance with the CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, COPPA, CAN-SPAM and other global privacy laws and regulations (with additional consideration for sector-specific experience in financial services, insurance, education, telecom, biometrics, or digital advertising);
- Experience drafting and negotiating professional services agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, technology licenses, and other types of commercial agreements involving data sharing;
- Experience drafting and revising privacy notices, terms of service, incident response plans, information security policies and other data protection policies;
- Experience in driving data breach preparation, risk mitigation, coordination and responses; and
- Experience in working on technology transactions, in particular in relation to privacy and security-related due diligence and advising.
Submissions from search firms will only be accepted through our web portal for third party submissions; for access, contact Sara Tye.
Please provide your resume, cover letter, law school transcript, and a writing sample, all in PDF format.
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is committed to an inclusive, diverse workforce and is a Mansfield Rule certified law firm.
Greenberg Traurig is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
To that end, GT is voluntarily participating in Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 3.0 initiative, which measures and seeks to increase diversity within law firms. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/recordkeeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.