Legal Innovation Manager
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has a full-time employment opportunity with the Legal Process Innovation team. The position may be located in various office locations. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
As a member of the Legal Process Innovation team, the Legal Innovation Manager will collaborate with attorney teams, clients, and practice groups to deliver innovative client solutions and legal technologies that support the efficient management of legal matters. The Legal Process Innovation team is part of the firm’s larger Innovative Strategies team.
The Legal Innovation Manager will apply case management, project management, business process improvement, and innovation methodologies and best practices to provide client-facing process and technology solutions that promote the cost-effective delivery of legal services.
The successful candidate must be curious about legal technology product development and have extensive experience delivering solutions that implement cutting edge legal technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
The effective Legal Innovation Manager will:
- Provides project management and process improvement services to clients and internal stakeholders
- Works with attorney teams to document and automate existing processes for improved matter and portfolio management and reporting
- Facilitates the implementation of legal process innovation initiatives and related legal technology, including contract analysis software, document automation tools, task management tools, client collaboration tools, etc.
- Works with external clients to document requirements/ challenges, and develops and implements appropriate solutions
- Performs project management for innovation projects, including gathering requirements, communicating with attorneys and clients, managing development timeline and completing project roll-out
- Documents requirements, including key intakes and decision criteria's, also tracks returns on investment for innovation and legal technology tools
- Partners with other members of the Innovative Strategies team and the Information Technology team to identify, evaluate and implement emerging legal technologies
- Monitors publications and participate in professional organizations that focus on innovative tools that transform or enhance the way attorneys deliver legal services to their clients
- Fosters a process improvement and innovation culture through training and coaching; promotes and supports the broader innovation efforts of the firm
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of emerging technologies (for example, artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive coding), and how they can be applied in the legal context
- Ability to turn ideas into product solutions
- Understanding of and ability to apply a design thinking approach to problem solving
- Awareness and understanding of business process improvement processes and best practices;
- Deep understanding of attorney (or equivalent professional services) work product and diverse work styles
- Ability to establish credibility with an organization’s top performers and top tier clients as a valuable resource and internal consultant in legal project/matter management and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to prioritize responsibilities, take initiative and self-motivate/self-manage work and time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, and possess the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Exceptional ability to quickly and accurately triage, deconstruct and communicate issues and potential resolutions to management and professionals of all levels
- Capacity to learn and use a variety of matter, project, and portfolio management tools
- Strong client-service orientation
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree; J.D. preferred.
- Candidate will have minimum five (5) years’ experience in project management, legal project management or internal/external management consultant role, preferably in a law firm, corporate legal department, or other professional services environment
- Extensive experience designing and managing extranet sites using the Thomson Reuters HighQ platform or similar product
- Formal legal project management or PMI PMP certification is desirable
- Knowledge and experience with legal matter management processes and legal project management principles is required
- Demonstrated understanding of law firm financial and performance metrics, and the relationship between effective matter management, profitability, and delivering value to clients
- Experience in change management and/or training with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in cross-functional team settings
- Excellent technology skills including experience with MS SharePoint, SmartSheet, and other project management, case management, and process mapping tools
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, MS Project and MS Visio or equivalents
- Awareness and experience with assorted legal operations and technology tools
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.