Accounting Specialist AP
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Accounting Department of our Charlotte office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Accounts Payable Specialist supports Firm-wide AP functions with emphasis on efficiency, quality and accuracy of work product. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies accuracy of vendor invoices, allocates them to the correct general ledger account code, and submits for approval
- Reviews all approved vendor invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc. for compliance, prior to posting in the financial system
- Reviews expense reports for accuracy, compliance with firm policies and guidelines, appropriate documentation and approval
- Responds to all vendor and employees’ inquiries by telephone or email
- Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assists with other projects as assigned to support A/P Department
- Processes and print checks to remote locations daily
- Prepares and process payment batches for checks, ACHs and wires
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential
- Solid understanding of accounting-related principles and relevant software
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Experience with special applications (Aderant Expert and/or Concur) preferred
- General accounting experience in legal or service industry preferred
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.