Legal Support Specialist
Greenberg Traurig (GT), a global law firm, has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a Legal Support Specialist in our Albany, NY office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Legal Support Specialist provides high-level legal support to a team of attorneys. Provides a wide range of complex technical, document processing and administrative services for the practice group.
The Legal Support Specialist will demonstrates professionalism, technical savvy and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner at any given time. The successful candidate will effectively manage all aspects of the professional responsibilities of the assigned attorneys. This role also requires extensive coordination with clients. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates creation of legal documents as well as the editing, proofreading and processing of legal documents upon request of assigned attorneys, including correspondence, memoranda, closing documents, pleadings, or other practice specific documents
- Maintains legal files (both paper & electronic), organizes and files documents in designated order
- Updates case information, scans and organizes legal files
- Manages document deliveries and tracks final executed documentation
- Receives and evaluates telephone calls for supported attorneys, fielding calls and conveying messages as necessary. Communicates with clients, opposing counsel, courts, and liaisons
- Collaborates and works with Administrative Support Coordinators, Paralegals and other legal support team members where applicable
- Attends team strategy meetings
- Understands firm available resources and leverage most effective resource for desired results
- Assists with overflow work and other special projects as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Skilled in handling administrative tasks such as attorney time entry, travel arrangements and processing invoices and expenses
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to collaborate well in a team
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3 years of experience within a law firm or other professional organization
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as document management and other office technologies
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures or agency rules of assigned practice group/dept. (ex. State and Federal court filing, including e-filings)
- Experience with e-filing
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000. Salary will be determined based upon education, experience, job related factors permitted by law, internal equity, and market data, including geographic pay differentials in locations where market pay differs from the national average. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.