Business Development Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Marketing Department for a Business Development Specialist in our Atlanta (ACE), Chicago, Los Angeles, or New Jersey offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Business Development Specialist will support the Firm’s strategy and execution of firmwide RFP responses, significant client pitches, team processes and other major firmwide and business development initiatives. This position will work under the direction and guidance of the Director of Marketing and Business Development while working collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the firm’s marketing and business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with members of the marketing team, attorneys and other departments to develop strategic, client-centric responses to RFPs and proposals.
- Support the process for responding to firmwide RFPs; including, leading kick off meetings and “go/no go” discussions, participating in strategy sessions, and updating and managing responses to questions about the firm.
- Help in building strong and cooperative relationships with other departments that contribute to RFPs, such as Revenue Management, Conflicts, the Office of General Counsel, Innovation and others.
- Write and edit executive summaries and custom proposal content.
- Ensure responses comply with the RFP requirements and Greenberg Traurig standards.
- Track and analyze firmwide RFP activity.
- Maintain custom content in the firm’s proposal development system to ensure that it stays current.
- Work with marketing intelligence team to gather research and analysis on targets, industries, and judges, as needed for RFP purposes.
- Monitoring industry trends and best practices.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other team professionals, be aware and knowledgeable of department protocols and where to find information.
- Develop relationships with attorneys and marketing team professionals.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Collaborate with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm across functions and teams.
- Run point on projects including supervising and guiding junior staff on a project/task basis.
- Compile information for directory and ranking authorities such as Chambers USA, Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, etc.
- Provide excellent client service to internal and external clients.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years of marketing and business development experience at a law firm or other professional services firm, with proven experience responding to multi-practice and single practice RFPs from both public and private sector clients.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.