Greenberg Traurig (GT), a global law firm, has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a Staff Accountant in our Doral (Miami) office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Staff Accountant role supports firm-wide accounting and financial reporting processes with emphasis on quality and timeliness in a collaborative environment. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining fixed asset ledger for all US & foreign offices up to date in fixed asset software (including acquisitions, disposals, and fair value adjustments)
- Prepares asset depreciation and posts journal entries for all US & foreign offices at month-end
- Prepares and post monthly journal entries for health insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, and accrued payroll
- Reviews general ledger accounts for reasonableness and prepare & post reclasses as needed
- Performs month-end close processes in a timely an accurate manner
- Prepares daily journal entries for cash transfers
- Completes reclass requests from the local office personnel
- Daily and ad-hoc journal entries
- Analyzes and review general ledger accounts for discrepancies and miscoded entries
- Completes general ledger account reconciliations (bank accounts, prepaid, and accrual accounts) in Blackline software
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative, strong accountability and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands in a fast-paced environment
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinker; self-motivated and a self-starter who can work independently
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- 2-4 years of general accounting experience; multinational corporate accounting experience preferred
- Experience with large scale ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Aderant, Blackline) preferred
- General accounting experience in legal or professional services industry preferred
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.