Greenberg Traurig, global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Marketing Manager in our Chicago office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the Chicago and Minneapolis offices’ development and implementation of strategic marketing, communication and business development initiatives and programs at the local/regional level, while working collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the global marketing and business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Managing Shareholders and the Business Directors to develop and implement business development aspects of the offices’ business plans, track attorney business development activities, and work to determine ROI to assist with decision-making on future participations.
- Fosters relationships with attorneys and conduct appropriate follow-up efforts, coaches attorneys and pitches teams through the “sales process”, and disseminates information about successful business development and targeted marketing efforts to the firm.
- In collaboration with global practice group managers, manages and responds to proposal requests that are associated with attorneys located in the office/region and track the results.
- Makes recommendations for and coordinate office sponsorships, memberships, and event attendance at client and community events to increase the visibility, brand awareness, and influence of the firm in the local market. May include ad or program development and/or client outreach for participation or attendance at sponsored events.
- Manages targeting and business generating initiatives, including evaluating potential new business opportunities with both clients and prospects. Works with lawyers to identify target criteria and liaise with the firm’s global business development teams to develop and evaluate supporting research and intelligence.
- Develops effective collateral and marketing content, including capability/office profiles, web content, individual attorney biographies, and a broad range of print and electronic communications, including invitations and announcements for the offices and attorneys
- Gathers local/regional attorney and practice experience for the global practice groups’ business development efforts, directory submissions, surveys, and deal/case releases. Coordinates additions of such experience into the experience database.
- Monitors and promotes board memberships and speaking/panel opportunities for local/regional attorneys.
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of client events, including concept and agenda development with attorneys, contracting and coordinating all setup details with the facilities, arranging for catering, creating mailing lists specific to the event topic, drafting invitation language, sending and tracking invitations and RSVPs, etc. Evaluate ROI before and after each event and closely manage budget.
- Plans, organizes, and manages annual Chicago Shareholder/Of Counsel meeting, working alongside the Managing Shareholders and the Business Director.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Directors and the Communications Manager to develop a proactive marketing communications plan in line with office visibility goals including strategy, budget, and tactics. Leverages existing media relationships and cultivates new contacts within local business and industry media. Manages media inquiries and interview requests. Ensures attorney compliance with the firm’s media policy and messaging guidelines.
- Ensures that information regarding regional marketing initiatives and activities are shared with the marketing team, and that all firm policies and best practices relating to marketing, business development, and external communications are adhered to by all lawyers in the office/region.
- Manages, monitors, and assists with developing the local office marketing budget.
- Assists with and manages a variety of short- and long-term projects and day-to-day requests.
- Collaborates with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm, across functions and teams.
- Manages the Chicago Senior Marketing Coordinator who assists with the duties above (in addition to that position’s other national responsibilities)
Skills & Competencies:
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Ability to remain calm in the face of pressure and within a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external clients
- Attention to detail
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in marketing or business development
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience at a law firm or professional services firm is strongly preferred
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.