Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Records Management Department of our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Records Manager is responsible for all aspects of records management and processes, including electronic and physical file maintenance in one or more offices. This position requires the individual to be a subject matter expert in Records Operations and to actively assist with and oversee the records team’s daily work activities.
The Records Manager is required to work on-site full time (five days per week). Some travel may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of RIM policies and procedures, data privacy issues (HIPAA), and electronic data management
- Manages all aspects of onsite and offsite file management including:
- Label review, validation, printing, and provision
- Location tracking
- Onsite and offsite collection audits
- Processing collections for transfers for departing attorneys and clients
- Ensures compliance with Legal Holds and Ethical Walls, including:
- Ensures access controls for files under Ethical Wall
- Ensures integrity of files under Legal Hold while in circulation
- Records Team Management including:
- Creates and tracks work assignments, providing direction as necessary
- Conducts performance management, coaching, and staff development and training
- Manages and champions local office electronic transformation
- Provides secretarial and staff training
- Conducts welcome and orientation meetings with new lawyers
- Creates process and rigor around meetings and project planning to ensure the most effective results out of team meetings
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, adapt to a fast-paced, high pressure environment to achieve business goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), and professional demeanor and presentation, including active listening and ability to convey information clearly
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision, as well as take a proactive approach in being team-oriented
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years of Records Management or related experience
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience required, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm
- Strong technical skills required, experience with records management databases such as iManage Records or FileTrail preferred
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000 . Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.