Litigation - Associate (junior level) - LA
Greenberg Traurig has an opportunity for a third year Associate in the Litigation practice of our Los Angeles office. Qualifications for this position are:
- Extensive experience analyzing, researching and drafting briefs addressing sophisticated legal issues on complex litigation, ranging from state and federal court motions to dismiss, summary judgment and class certification motions, writs and appeals;
- Successfully argued motions;
- Taken and defended depositions;
- Experienced in trial prep and court appearances;
- Solid writing skills;
- Ability to be strategic and analytical; and
- Case management experience.
- Experience representing brokerage firms, banks, and other financial institutions is preferred.
Law Review experience preferred. Candidates must have solid academic performance from a top law school and be in good standing with the CA State Bar.
Candidates should submit a resume, transcript, and recent writing samples, all in PDF format.
Submissions from search firms will only be accepted through our web portal for third party submissions; for access, contact Michael Nguyen.
Greenberg Traurig is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
To that end, GT is voluntarily participating in Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 3.0 initiative, which measures and seeks to increase diversity within law firms. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/recordkeeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.