Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Litigation department of our New York office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Litigation Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Litigation Department in preparing litigation cases from onset through post trial including related research and analysis. Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner at any given time. Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in in all stages of litigation cases from onset through post trial.
- Ascertains calendaring requirements for each matter and ensures proper maintenance of any required case calendars.
- Oversees organization, maintenance and appropriate utilization of documents and other case-related materials, including maintenance of client-presentable and efficient work areas and case rooms.
- Assists with the discovery process, including preparing for deposition, propounding and responding to written discovery and preparing for expert discovery.
- Oversees and conducts document reviews; prepares documentation regarding criteria changes; tracks and reports on review progress and results.
- Performs analytical tasks, including preparing witness interview memoranda, reviewing and summarizing documents and deposition and court transcripts and creating and using substantive coding tools.
- Assists with law and motion practice, including assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs and ensuring proper service.
- Performs and oversees both simple and complex cite checking and proof reading of briefs and other legal documents.
- Assists with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, identifying and organizing exhibits, coordinating witness schedules, maintaining trial calendars and communicating effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility with ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Position periodically requires travel and off-site work at a war room or at the courthouse when the case goes to trial.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the Litigation practice area.
- Transactional experience highly preferred.
- Trial experience, including assisting attorneys in the courtroom, exhibit preparation, witness preparation and management, subpoena preparation, experience working with judicial assistants and trial presentation vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred.
- Notary Public preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency with E-filing and litigation support applications such as Relativity, Concordance, Summation and Live Note.
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $80,000-$120,000. Salary will be determined based upon education, experience, job related factors permitted by law, internal equity, and market data, including geographic pay differentials in locations where market pay differs from the national average. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.