Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Marketing Department of our Denver office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Denver Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing, communications and business development initiatives and programs at the local/regional level, while working collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the global marketing and business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Managing Shareholder(s), Marketing Director and Business Director, develop and implement business development aspects of the office business plan. Track attorney business development activities and work to determine ROI to assist with decision-making on future participation. Regularly meet with local leadership to report on progress.
- Foster relationships with attorneys and conduct appropriate follow-up efforts; coaching attorneys and pitch teams through the “sales process,” as well as disseminating information about successful business development and targeted marketing efforts to the firm.
- Identifies cross-selling and client development opportunities for the Denver office.
- Works with marketing intelligence team to gather research and analysis on targets, industries, and related trends, as needed for business development purposes.
- Conducts industry and practice-centric research and analysis to identify business development opportunities for Denver.
- Provides lateral integration support for new attorneys in the office.
- Collaborate with global practice group managers and the global business development services team, manage and respond to proposal requests that are associated with attorneys located in the office/region. Track the results.
- Make recommendations for and coordinate assigned office sponsorships, memberships and event attendance at client and community events to increase the visibility and influence of the firm in the local market. May include ad or program development and/or client outreach for participation or attendance at sponsored events.
- Working with the Marketing Director, manage targeting and business generating initiatives, including evaluating potential new business opportunities with both clients and prospects; working with lawyers to identify target criteria; and liaising with the firm’s global business development team to develop and evaluate supporting research and intelligence.
- Develop effective collateral and marketing content, including capability/office profiles, web content, individual attorney/director biographies, as well as a broad range of print and electronic communications, including invitations and announcements for the offices, attorneys and groups the position supports.
- Gather local/regional attorney and practice experience for the global practice groups’ business development efforts, directory submissions, surveys, and deal/case releases. Coordinate input into experience database.
- Compile information and draft submissions for directory and ranking publications such as Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, etc.
- Plan, organize and manage client events. Manage all aspects of events including concept and agenda development with attorneys, contracting and coordinating all setup details with the facilities, arranging for catering, creating mailing lists specific to the event topic, drafting invitation language, sending and tracking invitations and RSVPs, etc. Evaluate return on investment before and after each event and closely manage budget.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director and Communications Manager to develop a proactive marketing communications plan in line with office visibility goals including strategy, goals, budget and tactics. Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within local business and industry media. Manage media inquiries and interview requests. Ensure attorney compliance with the firm’s media policy and messaging guidelines.
- Ensure that information regarding regional marketing initiatives and activities is shared with the marketing team, and that all firm policies and best practices relating to marketing, business development and external communications are adhered to by all lawyers in the office/region.
- Be knowledgeable of firm systems and conversant in technology used by marketing team and firm.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements and to increase efficiency.
- Supervision of people.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other team members, be aware and knowledgeable of department protocols and where to find information.
- Run point on projects including supervising and guiding more junior staff on a project/task or ongoing task basis.
- Manage, monitor, and assist with developing the local office marketing budget.
- Assist with and manage a variety of short and long-term projects and day to day requests.
- Provides excellent client service to internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm across functions and teams.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Remain calm in the face of pressure
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external clients
- Attention to detail
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing or business development
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience at a law firm or professional services firm is strongly preferred
The annualized salary range for this position is $100,000 to $120,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.