Litigation Docket Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Docketing Department of our Sacramento office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The docketing team provides centralized litigation docketing services utilizing ProLaw for our Sacramento, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Denver offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive and review all electronic litigation mail items (incoming/outgoing) to assess docket status.
- Enter all litigation deadlines for our Western Regional firm litigations into a centralized docket system using rules-based calendaring (ProLaw).
- Proactive support to litigation teams to ensure all docketing deadlines are correct and integrated into the litigation’s teams’ Outlook calendars.
- Create and update case matters in ProLaw assigning litigation teams for automatic distribution of daily and weekly reports and accurate Outlook integration.
- Research filing deadlines for state and federal courts, as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from the litigation teams regarding docketed events, deadlines, and rules and provide specialty reports as needed to the teams.
- Assist with research regarding changes in court rules for assigned jurisdictions.
- Maintain and strive to improve processes and procedures to ensure accurate entry of calendar/docket dates.
- Promote the firm’s docketing policies and procedures through all communications with litigation teams.
Skills & Competencies:
- Substantial experience computing deadlines for state, federal and appellate courts.
- Strong knowledge of litigation processes, court rules and procedures.
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize issues in writing and possess excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to build team relationships.
- Must be a self-starter and self-driven to meet deadlines and goals without prompting.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and effectively adapt to changing deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of strong California and Federal litigation experience required that includes computing calendaring deadlines.
- Prior experience with rules-based calendar systems (ProLaw or Compulaw software) preferred.
- Prior litigation legal secretary experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.