Trust and Estates Paralegal
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Trust & Estates Department of our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Trusts & Estates Paralegal will assist attorneys in preparing probate cases. Candidate must have the ability to work in an organized, efficient manner, and be willing to support the department with general administrative duties and special projects as needed. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes the preparation of Wills, Trusts and other estate planning forms as directed by attorneys.
- Organizes assets and coordinates trust funding.
- Prepares real property deeds and related documents, marshal assets, and organize/index documents.
- Assists in the preparation of federal estate and gift tax returns.
- Prepares fiduciary accountings; prepares file probate forms and manages dockets.
- Prepares petitions for probate, trust-related documents, pleadings, and declarations with applicable courts.
Skills & Competencies:
- A team player with a positive attitude and be able to maintain a consistently high standard of service and leadership.
- A self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision as well as take a proactive approach to being team oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and paralegal certification compliant with the State Bar of California Business and Professions Code § 6450 required.
- At least five years of experience and be able to handle all aspects of estate planning and trust administration.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.