Business Development Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Marketing Department for a Business Development Specialist in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Business Development Specialist will support the Firm’s strategy and execution of firmwide client proposals, RFP responses, team processes and other major business development initiatives. This position will work under the direction and guidance of the Director of Marketing and Business Development while working collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the firm’s marketing and business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with members of the marketing team, attorneys and other departments to develop strategic, client-centric responses to proposals and RFPs
- Supports the process for responding to firmwide RFPs; including, leading kick off meetings and “go/no go” discussions, participating in strategy sessions
- Helps in building strong and cooperative relationships with other business professionals in departments that contribute to proposals and RFPs, such as Revenue Management, Conflicts, the Office of General Counsel, Innovation, and others
- Drafts executive summaries and custom proposal content
- Ensures responses comply with the proposal and RFP requirements and Greenberg Traurig standards
- Updates the firm’s experience database with information collected in the course of working on proposals, for use in future proposals, directories and other marketing endeavors
- Maintains custom content in the firm’s proposal system to ensure that it stays current
- Works with the marketing intelligence team to gather research and analysis on targets, industries, and judges, as needed for proposal and RFP purposes
- Monitors industry trends and best practices
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other team professionals, is aware and knowledgeable of department protocols and where to find information
- Develops relationships with attorneys and marketing team professionals
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Provides excellent client service to internal and external clients
- Works on other projects as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Ability to remain calm in the face of pressure and within a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of marketing and business development experience at a law firm or other professional services firm, with proven experience responding to proposals and RFPs from both public and private sector clients.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $85,000.00 - $100,000.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially. #LI-Remote