Corporate Associate (Mid Level) - NVA
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Corporate Associate in our Northern Virginia (McLean) office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Our Corporate and Securities Practice focuses on the business objectives of our clients. We utilize the depth of our experience and resources to help clients achieve their goals notwithstanding the constantly changing business landscape. We believe that no other law firm offers corporate clients the combined benefits of local presence and global resources. We may be next door, but our reach extends to everywhere our clients want or need to be. From raising capital, to doing deals, to complying with regulations, to managing risk, to implementing best practices, our cumulative experience is extraordinary, and our commitment to service is unmatched.
- 3-6 years of investment management and/or general securities experience.
- Experience in private fund formation, required.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in private equity fund formation and SEC registration under the Investment Advisers Act including drafting and filing Form ADV.
- Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of Regulation D under the Securities Act of 1933.
- Experience in due diligence of private fund offering materials and drafting side letters is a plus.
- Excellent academic credentials and the ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form are required.
- Prior experience working at the SEC, in a major law firm or reputable investment management practice is preferred.
- Preferred candidates should be admitted to The Virginia Bar.
- Interested candidates should submit their resume and J.D. transcript (transcripts do not need to be official copies).
Greenberg Traurig is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
To that end, GT, a Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certified firm, continues with its current participation in Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 4.0 initiative, which measures and seeks to increase diversity within law firms. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.