Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Revenue Management Department of our Atlanta office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of bills and invoices for various Billing Attorneys. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes client bills using Pre-bill Viewer and paper bills via Aderant software
- Electronic submissions of client invoices and accruals via various e-billing websites
- Researches and answers accounting and billing questions
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and assistant requests
- Executes, handles and processes a high volume of complex bills
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing documentation as required
- Assists with other special projects, ad hoc reports, and activities as needed, and performs additional duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Understanding of standard accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures, the processes involved and related applications
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate work needs; proactive in identifying accounting issues and providing solutions
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 0-3 years prior experience as a Biller preferably within a law firm but not required
- Aderant software, Chrome River, Prebill Viewer, and Ebilling Hub experience helpful; collection experience a plus
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.