Jr. Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has a full-time employment opportunity available in the Commercial Real Estate Department of our Fort Lauderdale office. We offer a beautiful work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package (with many benefits starting on the first day of employment) and paid parking in our building.
The Jr. Paralegal will support attorneys and paralegals working on commercial real estate deals and closings, including pre and post-closing work. This is a full time position
(40 hours per week) working in the office; candidates should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working under the direct supervision of our Commercial Real Estate Attorneys, the Jr. Paralegal will perform various administrative duties related to large commercial real estate transactions including, but not limited to:
- Assistance in preparing real estate closing documents
- Reviewing contracts to ensure deadlines are communicated/met
- Scheduling closings and working with various property managers.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year commercial real estate related experience in a professional services environment, preferably in a law firm, title insurance company, foreclosure department or a real estate closing department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2010 required) and DisplaySoft programs a must.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.