Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Billing Specialist in our Dallas, Austin or Houston office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of bills and invoices for various Billing Attorneys.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes client bills using Pre-bill Viewer and paper bills via Aderant software
- Electronic submission of client invoices and accruals via various e-billing websites
- Researches and answers accounting and billing questions
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Executes, handles and processes a high volume of complex bills
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Undertakes special projects and ad hoc reports for manager as needed/requested
- Participates in appropriate mandatory training as necessary
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor, and presentation
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision, as well as take a proactive approach in being team-oriented
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Must be proactive in identifying billing issues and providing solution
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience as a Biller in a law firm environment
- Aderant software experience preferred
- Collection experience a plus
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility for overtime required
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.