Manager, Career Development
Greenberg Traurig, global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Manager, Career Development in our Boston, Chicago, New York, or Philadelphia offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Manager, Career Development will work in coordination with the Manager, Alumni Engagement, as well as business professionals around the firm including Talent Services, Marketing, Professional Development, Recruiting and Integration teams. This position will oversee and execute personalized strategic career development program initiatives as part of Greenberg Traurig’s Alumni Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a program vision and strategy to launch a career counseling program in coordination with firm leadership.
- Provides career counseling to guide attorneys as they define and pursue their career goals – either within their current role, within the firm or externally including for transitions to in-house counsel, government, or not-for-profit positions.
- Serves as an advisor on concerns or issues an attorney may be dealing with regarding their career.
- Develops and provides training programs that support career development (e.g., identifying career goals, resume writing and interviewing skills, etc.) in collaboration with relevant business departments across the firm.
- Works with clients, alumni, and marketing to post open positions and identify candidates for such roles.
- Identifies and works collaboratively with external vendor partners to accomplish program goals.
- Advises on the job search process including identification of resources, professional branding, strategic relationship building, interview preparation, and salary negotiations.
- Assists attorneys with "job search" materials like resumes, cover letters, business plans and correspondence.
- Collaborates with professionals throughout the firm on innovative programs and facilitate network building with recruiters and potential employers.
- Works collaboratively and seamlessly as a member of the firm’s alumni team with resources across other departments including Talent Services, Recruitment, Integration, Professional Development and Marketing & Business Development.
Skills & Competencies:
- A self-starter yet team player, who is flexible, innovative, collaborative, and resourceful
- The ability to think strategically and take ownership of projects
- Results-oriented and exercises good judgment
- A network builder inside and outside the firm.
- Ability to manager outside vendors as necessary.
- Excellent prioritization, problem solving and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; including solid composition, research and editing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment that works well under pressure
- A positive attitude, strong attention to detail and possesses excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
Qualification & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD a plus
- Candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in career services, recruiting, professional development, or business development in a law firm, professional services or academia.
- Experience as a practicing attorney within a law firm is preferred.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.