Applications Support Specialist
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time opportunity for an Applications Support Specialist to join the Technology Department of our Atlanta (ACE), GA or Doral, FL office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Responsible for successful evaluation, customization, implementation and Tier 3 support of all core firm desktop applications and associated upgrades (such as Microsoft Office products and add-ins, PDF Software, document productivity software, etc.) across the firm.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, test, implement, support, and administer assigned applications on an enterprise level. Maintain and develop in-house macros, customizations, and tools.
- Develop project plans and establish timelines for the roll-out of applications or upgrades.
- Collect and document user and business requirements for all assigned projects.
- Conduct product and/or systems analyses/testing and submit recommendations to superiors.
- Reconfigure/customize applications as appropriate to meet user specifications.
- Collaborate with clients, other specialists, and system engineers to resolve system/application issues or to develop/modify workflow improvements.
- Draft and prepare all documentation required for assigned projects. Communicate product developments and technical specifications to various audiences throughout the GT environment.
- Provide Tier 3 Support (subject matter expert) for all team assigned core applications.
Skills & Competencies
- Familiarity with project management processes with an emphasis on managing multiple projects, assessing priorities, and achieving solutions under deadlines
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in applications testing, configuration, deployment, administration, and support
- Expert technical knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft Office. Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining proprietary solutions written in VBA, VB.NET, and C# using Microsoft Visual Studio. VBScripting skills a plus
- Comfortable working with SQL Query Language
- Strong knowledge and experience working with document management systems, document comparison/metadata applications, and legal macro packages
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.