Government Affairs Secretary
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time opportunity for a Government Affairs Secretary to join our Washington, D.C. office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
This position provides a wide range of administrative, secretarial and document processing services to the Government Law & Policy practice. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and handles incoming e-mails and phone calls.
- Maintains daily and long-term schedules.
- Acts as a liaison for the team with both internal and external clients.
- Schedules appointments with Congressional staff and clients.
- Performs various administrative duties such as travel arrangements, billing, expense reimbursements, maintaining client files, editing and finalizing documents.
- Coordinates activities in support of political action programs.
- Organizes materials for federal lobbying disclosure reports.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at any given time.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who can work well with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work in an organized, efficient manner and be willing to support the department with general administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an office environment with a strong preference given to candidates that have prior Capitol Hill or Administration experience.
- High level of proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.