Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has a full time employment opportunity in the Commercial Real Estate Department of our Miami office, located in the Wells Fargo Center in Downtown Miami. We offer an exceptional working environment, competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We also offer paid parking in our building or paid Metrorail or 95 Express Bus pass.
The Commercial Real Estate Paralegal will support attorneys working on complex commercial real estate transactions and closings. This is a full time position (40 hours per week); candidates should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions from contracts and loan commitments through closing and post-closing.
- Assist with commercial real estate due diligence, including title and survey reviews, title objection letters, lease reviews, municipal lien searches, and UCC, judgment, litigation and lien searches.
- Prepare organizational documents and assist in entity formation.
- Prepare closing checklists, critical dates timelines, title commitments, title policies, closing statements, title and other affidavits, entity authorizations, customary closing documentation, etc.
- Responsible for closing binders and assist with other aspects of the transactions as needed, both locally and nationally.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Commercial Real Estate as a paralegal in a medium to large sized law firm, commercial title insurance company or other professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal Certification preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Proficiency with WebAtids, DisplaySoft and Propel programs preferred
- Proficiency using Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.