Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Procurement Manager. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Firm currently operates in a decentralized procurement environment (no PO system). We are currently establishing a new framework and related processes to improve the overall vendor lifecycle.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Director of Procurement and help facilitate relationships between the firm supplier stakeholders and various third party supplier/partners. This role will also assist in sourcing the best value suppliers, performing vendor due diligence in onboarding the vendor, negotiate contracts, and ensure compliance to vendor standards and requirements. The Manager will analyze the firm’s supplier program objectives and requirements and make recommendations to improve cost and service while minimizing supplier risk. This role is responsible for the vendor relationships and performance management, issue monitoring, trending, management, and data insights and reporting across the supplier lifecycle. Minimum travel may be needed as well as in office meetings to support the RFP and Vendor Management processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing the Firm’s Supplier Contract Repository (refresh is required). SharePoint experience is preferred.
- Assists in managing and improving the Firm’s Supplier Diversity and ESG Program. This includes sourcing activities; reporting and communicating the importance of program to firm goals.
- Assists in the creating and management of the RFP process and renegotiation of existing supplier partnerships
- Manages various National Agreements as key contact/relationship owner
- Assists in managing the overall Supplier lifecycle:
- Onboarding process to ensure the information required from suppliers is received in a timely fashion (Certificates of Insurance, BAA, ND and other form agreements).
- Conducting the proper vendor due diligence and monitoring to minimize supplier risk
- Supplier Contracts: Work with the Firm’s GC in the timely review of supplier contracts and other Firm form agreements
- Supplier Management: Ensure contract compliance and supplier performance
- Conduct annual business reviews with critical suppliers
- Supplier Offboarding protocols
- Reviews spending trends and activities. Recommends cost saving initiatives and process improvements
- Proactively maintains and monitors the future Supplier Master Database to ensure information is complete and current
- Reviews contracts and partners with general counsel during the contracting phase to ensure business /commercial contractual standards and timelines are achieved
- Be a resource for the business to resolve any procurement questions as needed; train new employees as needed; and champion the value of procurement to internal stakeholders
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with senior leadership as well as staff, including presenting ideas in a clear, succinct manner
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments with strong collaboration skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, proactive, highly motivated individual who can work well under minimal supervision and be influential at all levels of the organization
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization, build strong customer relationships and collaborate well in a team
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Leadership: Eager to embrace and lead change, ability to manage in an ambiguous environment, consistently works the right priorities
- Strategic: Vision to evaluate new opportunities, manage stakeholder expectations, deliver change management strategies and anticipate future opportunities and challenges
- High integrity: Will not compromise values to get results
- Inclusive: Treats all people with respect and fairness, open to and respectful of others’ opinions and points of view
- Collaborative: Works well with others, including Procurement, internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary disruptions
- Analytical: Ability to analyze information to draw conclusions and find actionable solutions
- Innovative: takes initiative to find ways to get better results, seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions developed elsewhere
- Results Driven: Perseverant and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, willing to take on new challenges, works to resolve tough issues
- Strong performer with ability to prioritize work strategically and independently
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with respect to the purchasing of various services such as consultants, professional services, office-related supplies, IT-related software/platforms/cloud-based solutions, and facilities related and office support goods and services
- Prior experience with supplier diversity programs, sustainability programs, supplier portals; supplier segmentation and third-party risk management
- Successful history of effectively managing multiple supplier lifecycles and multiple projects concurrently
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; SharePoint experience is preferred
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.