Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Immigration Department of our Northern Virginia office for a Paralegal. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Immigration Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific support to attorneys in our highly specialized Immigration Department. Will assist the team in a wide range of business immigration matters including preparing various immigration petitions and applications. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares petitions/applications for various immigration-related matters (PERM, I-140, CP, AOS, Naturalization, H-1B, L, E-1/2, TN, O-1, J)
- Prepares responses to sometimes complex requests for evidence
- Maintains oversight of individual caseload to ensure timely completion of work
- Researches law, procedures and keeps track of immigration law updates
- Manages various administrative duties; maintains case management database, directs client contact-- phone calls, emails, and postal correspondence
- Creates and maintains reports as needed
- Contacts USCIS and U.S. consulate/embassies, schedules visa appointment interviews
- Assists in client intakes, prepares client mailings and submissions to various immigration offices
- Liaises with government agencies (DOL, USCIS, NVC) to troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal certification or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years business immigration experience within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the Immigration practice area
- Experience in preparing immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Familiar with immigration case management systems (INSZoom)
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
*Interested candidates please submit a resume and we highly encourage a writing sample.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.