Senior Marketing Manager
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Marketing Department for a Senior Marketing Manager in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the firm’s six California offices’ (Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley) development and implementation of strategic marketing, communication and business development initiatives and programs at the local/regional level, while working collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the global marketing and business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Managing Shareholders and the Business Directors to develop and implement business development aspects of the offices’ business plans, track attorney business development activities, and work to determine ROI to assist with decision-making on future participations
- Fosters relationships with attorneys and conducts appropriate follow-up efforts, coaches attorneys and pitches teams through the “sales process” and disseminates information about successful business development and targeted marketing efforts to the firm
- In collaboration with global practice group managers, manages and responds to proposal requests that are associated with attorneys located in the office/region and tracks the results
- Makes recommendations for and coordinates office sponsorships, memberships, and event attendance at client and community events to increase the visibility, brand awareness, and influence of the firm in the local market. May include ad or program development and/or client outreach for participation or attendance at sponsored events
- Manages targeting and business generating initiatives, including evaluating potential new business opportunities with both clients and prospects. Works with lawyers to identify target criteria and liaise with the firm’s global business development team to develop and evaluate supporting research and intelligence
- Develops effective collateral and marketing content, including capability/office profiles, web content, individual attorney biographies, and a broad range of print and electronic communications, including invitations and announcements for the offices and attorneys
- Gathers local/regional attorney and practice experience for the global practice groups’ business development efforts, directory submissions, surveys, and deal/case releases. Coordinates addition of such experience into the experience database
- Monitors and promotes board memberships and speaking/panel opportunities for local/regional attorneys
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of client events, including concept and agenda development with attorneys, contracting and coordinating all setup details with the facilities, arranging for catering, creating mailing lists specific to the event topic, drafting invitation language, sending and tracking invitations and RSVPs, etc. Evaluates ROI before and after each event and closely manages budget
- Collaborates with the Marketing Directors and the Communications Manager to develop a proactive marketing communications plan in line with office/regional visibility goals including strategy, budget, and tactics
- Works with the Communications Manager to leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within local business and industry media. Manages media inquiries and interview requests. Ensures attorney compliance with the firm’s media policy and messaging guidelines
- Ensures that information regarding regional marketing initiatives and activities are shared with the marketing team, and that all firm policies and best practices relating to marketing, business development, and external communications are adhered to by all lawyers in the office/region
- Manages, monitors, and assists with developing each local office marketing budget
- Assists with and manages a variety of short- and long-term projects and day-to-day requests
- Collaborates with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm, across functions and teams
- Manages the marketing team in California
Skills & Competencies:
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Ability to remain calm in the face of pressure and within a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external clients
- Attention to detail
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in marketing or business development
- Experience supervising a team
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience at a law firm or professional services firm is strongly prefer
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $180,000.00 to $200,000.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.