Enterprise Messaging Engineer
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent opportunity for an Enterprise Messaging Engineer to join the Technology Department of our Austin, Atlanta (ACE), Dallas, Doral, Houston or Phoenix office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Under the direction of the Enterprise Messaging Manager, the Messaging Engineer is responsible for the development and delivery of messaging systems. The Messaging Engineer will design, maintain and administer messaging related systems to ensure a secure, stable environment for the firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, manage and administer all messaging systems (email, archival, spam, security, instant messaging, mobile access & management)
- Design, manage and administer Internet mail gateways
- Design, manage and administer remote mail access systems
- Create implementation plans
- Troubleshoot system issues and perform problem analysis to resolution
- Provide support for the mobile devices and related infrastructure
- Document procedures and standards
- Administer mobile device messaging infrastructure
- Administer and support Microsoft Active directory as it pertains to Microsoft Exchange
- Develop and implement access, monitoring, control and documentation
- Participate in preparing and testing the disaster recovery plan.
- Provide 24x7 response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise support to Help Desk and end users.
- Create, test and manage scripts as needed for management and administration
- Support other messaging administrators and engineers and act as resource to other team members
- Participate in the on-call rotation process
- Perform other duties as assigned/required
Skills & Competencies:
- Significant experience designing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Demonstrated knowledge of email archiving, through native or third-party solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of windows servers and desktop messaging software
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile device management solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of messaging security technologies including message/spam filtering, transport threats and vulnerabilities, intrusion detection, antivirus and antimalware
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to standards and documentation
- The ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for working collaboratively
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- 5 years’ experience engineering in a large messaging system environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault required
- Microsoft Exchange related certifications preferred
- Previous law firm experience highly desired, though not required
- Experienced in systems currently used by firm is preferred: Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Symantec Enterprise Vault v11, Microsoft Lync 2010, Proofpoint, AirWatch, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Kemp, Citrix Netscaler
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.