Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, has an excellent opportunity for a Accounting Analyst in our Doral, FL or Charlotte, NC offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- Analyzes financial information and provides accounting and clerical assistance in support of the firm-wide accounting functions with emphasis on quality, accuracy, and efficiency of work product.
- Prepares financial reports relating to cash, tax liability, and other financial activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares bank reconciliations, general ledger postings and ad hoc reports.
- Support tax processes by reviewing transactions related to sales & use tax.
- Assists our Shared Services department with daily cash review.
- Researches, tracks and resolves accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Special projects and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Details general ledger account analysis and review.
- Prepares and maintains accounting documents and records.
- Ability to assist in international offices accounting functions.
- Takes appropriate mandatory training as necessary.
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of General Accounting Principles, reporting standards, budgeting processes, and relevant legislation.
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team.
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Some college coursework with Accounting degree in progress preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of general accounting experience in a legal or service-related industry along with proven knowledge of Accounts Payable.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.