Looking for a career with a first-class provider of apartment homes and apartment management services? General Services Corporation (GSC) is looking for a Reconciliation Specialist in the Richmond, VA area. This role will focus on complex, high volume reconciliations. There will be a fair amount of research to create solutions for the general ledger, account balances and bank reconciliations along with month end reporting and closing procedures. This role will also provide support to the accounting department as needed.
Our Ideal candidate:
- Highly organized and motivated.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- The ability to spot discrepancies in bank statements, cash receipts, credit card statements, etc.…
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and appetite for accuracy.
At a minimum you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a finance or accounting discipline
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of experience working with bank reconciliations
- Experience with a General Ledger System
- Microsoft Excel skills (advanced)
GSC believes in and fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that is reflected in our communities and team members.
Vision: To be a first-class provider of apartment homes and apartment management services.
Mission: To exceed the expectations of our residents in satisfying their community apartment needs. Our guiding principles are trust, honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. We believe that sensitivity and responsiveness to our residents are necessary to the growth and long-term success of our company.
GSC offers competitive compensation along with a full benefits package:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA Match
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Resources
A valid driver's license and proof of insurance required, along with a passing criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing.