Looking for a career with a first-class provider of apartment homes and apartment management services? General Services Corporation (GSC) is looking for an Assistant Controller in the Richmond, VA area. This role will focus on managing aspects of our accounting department by maintaining cash controls, managing reconciliations of all balance sheet reconciliations, balance sheet accounts and other financial detail schedules. Other responsibilities would include modifying internal controls and creating processes and procedures to reduce errors and prevent fraud. This role will also oversee accounting practices and procedures and provide timely information and month end reporting.
Our Ideal candidate::
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to interpret complex problems, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume and a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and an appetite for accuracy.
At a minimum you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a finance or accounting discipline
- 5 years of experience of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Microsoft Excel skills (advanced)
- Experiences with multi-family real estate ERP systems is a plus!
GSC believes in and fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that is reflected in our communities and team members.
Vision: To be a first-class provider of apartment homes and apartment management services.
Mission: To exceed the expectations of our residents in satisfying their community apartment needs. Our guiding principles are trust, honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. We believe that sensitivity and responsiveness to our residents are necessary to the growth and long-term success of our company.
GSC offers competitive compensation along with a full benefits package:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA Match
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Resources
A valid driver's license and proof of insurance required, along with a passing criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing.