General Services Corporation (GSC) is looking for an Accountant in the Richmond, VA area to assist with the daily reconciliation of complex high volume general ledger transactions. This role helps the finance team maintain the integrity of our financial statements and records.
Ideal candidates have:
- Incredibly strong (almost superhuman) research and critical thinking skills
- Experience analyzing high volume general ledger transactions and completing bank reconciliations faster than a speeding bullet or at least more quickly than most
- The ability to spot discrepancies in bank statements, cash receipts, credit card statements – you name it – from a tall building, or at least a chair in a tall building.
At a minimum you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of experience working with bank reconciliations
- Strong critical thinking skill
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Intermediate level proficiency in excel is required
- Accounting degree preferred
GSC believes in and fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that is reflected in our communities and team members.
Vision: To be a first-class provider of apartment homes and apartment management services.
Mission: To exceed the expectations of our residents in satisfying their community apartment needs. Our guiding principles are trust, honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. We believe that sensitivity and responsiveness to our residents are necessary to the growth and long-term success of our company.
GSC offers competitive compensation along with a full benefits package:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA Match
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Resources
A valid driver's license and proof of insurance required, along with a passing criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing.