Lead Data Scientist
Overview of job
As a Lead Data Scientist within the growing arm of the Data team you will lead the development of cutting-edge analytics tools to provide advanced analytical marketing solutions for our clients. You will use your programming and statistics background to lead this. You will use your experience to mentor junior members of the team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Lead Data Scientist.
3 best things about the job:
- Building a team whilst working on cutting edge advanced analytical solutions producing best in market tools & analytics
- Engaging with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients
- Access to the beta product suites within GAFAM and work in GCP/AWS
Measures of success –
In three months, you will:
- Understand the work we do in data intelligence, Business Science and MediaCom and how your skills can contribute to development in these areas
- Be confident working within our development environment built around R, SQL, Git and GCP
- Be able to scope and design customer segmentation model for activation
- Contribute towards the design and development of new ones
- Build successful relationships within the Business Science team and the wider agency
In six months, you will:
- Be a key contact when working with internal and external stakeholders on projects
- With the support of your line manager you will begin to take responsibility for the deployment of client facing tools and services
- Demonstrate an ability to improve the breadth and depth of the services we offer in Business Science
In 12 months, you will:
- Manage the deployment of client facing products and services
- Be able to design and implement analytical solutions for our clients with support from the rest of the team
- With support from your manager, produce commercially viable business cases for client delivery
- Become comfortable presenting our work to non-technical internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure the learning and development of junior members of the team
Responsibilities of the role
The role of the Data Scientist involves:
- Build, deploy and optimise machine learning models working across a broad range of different projects.
- Optimize the organizations bidding strategies within Acquisition channels and predict customers long-term value.
- Develop a deep understanding of different data infrastructures of clients and be at the forefront of the technical aspects to use, adopt and implement machine learning techniques.
- Similarly work alongside the rest of the Insight Analytics team to champion/implement self-service and data-driven decisioning
- Develop, test and maintain mathematical models and predictive models for use by internal stakeholders and data analytic teams.
- Develop programs that automate data collection, assimilation, aggregation and visualization of data.
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
- Hands on experience in Machine/Deep Learning and building datasets as well as Python, Scala & Tensor Flow.
- Education to at least a master’s level in a quantitative subject (PhD preferred)
- Hands on experience in NLP, Deep Learning and regression.
- Strong working knowledge of analytics tools e.g. Python/R.
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix driven environment
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Good team player, highly collaborative
- Mentor and coach analysts and data scientists on the team
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.