GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker, each global operation in their own right with leading market positions.
GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
A regional centre of excellence is being established to build and maintain best practices in media operations and to support the markets in delivering transformation consistently across business and technology.
The centre of excellence will be made up of programme management, change management, process ownership, business analysis and solution ownership.
The roles are spread across the region and markets forming a programme that works as one team to meet common objectives.
- Overall responsibility for requirements gathering exercises in programme markets
- Overall responsibility for testing in programme markets. Able to define test requirements.
- Highlights reports and risks and is able to analyse results based on tests and activities.
- Accountable for integrity of testing and acceptance activities, and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Facilitate workshops in market with SMEs and key stakeholders to derive market requirements, MVP and roadmap.
- Oversee the local business analysis work to drive requirements standardisation, simplification and improvement initiatives across the media E2E process. Escalation point for the local business analysts.
- Ensure all market requirements are gathered, prioritised, sized and approved in project markets
- Ensure that variation from standard solutions is only due to a required conscious variation for legal or contractual reasons
- Ensure that vendor delivery of MVP, roadmap and change request items are to scope.
- Ensure adherence to regional process policies/controls and perform quality reviews to monitor risks
- Utilise financial measures and analysis of operational impacts to evaluate the cost and benefits of current processes and identification of potential areas for improvement
- Assist with the analysis and preparation of recommendations that will drive greater productivity, reduce waste, or eliminate duplication. Identify business opportunities to allow agencies to perform more effectively.
- Work with operational team members to understand processes, root causes and outcomes. Create metrics and audit processes to ensure established goals are met and process improvements are sustained
- Organise and facilitate meetings with Stakeholders and Champions teams in order to share ideas, discuss opportunities and provide support
- Partner with business leaders and regional team to maintain ongoing communication regarding improvement opportunities
- Gather benchmarking data. Coordinates responses to benchmarking survey
- Plan, manage, and execute small to medium size process improvement initiatives
Essential experience required
- 5+ years of business analysis experience, with a track record of continuous improvement
- Identifies, defines and manages the objectives of a business. Must be able to specify requirements from both a business and user perspective to enable agreed changes to be implemented effectively.
- Exposure in media & advertising industry is a must
- Solid understanding of E2E media process operations including IT environment
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with demonstrated ability to deal with different nationalities, cultural background and conventions in EMEA
- Ability to manage business analysis resource in the design and implementation of media systems
- Customer and Quality orientation
- Ability to work independently and systematically
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Organises and communicate data in a manner that conveys a succinct and compelling concept
- Data gathering – financial and non-financial, qualitative and quantitative; interviewing skills, good observation skills
- Business fluent in English