AV Trading Associate Director (12-Month FTC)
MediaCom AV Trading Associate Director- Job description 2nd September 2020
Overview of job
We are looking for an Associate Director to join our trading team, working across all AV channels (TV, VOD, Cinema and Radio).
MediaCom trading team sits in a horizontal function, overseeing and working closely with all business groups as well as MediaCom regional offices.
Working with AV specialists within trading, the role of the AV Trading Associate Director is to support all elements of the MediaCom AV trading deals and delivery.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to work on new business and broadcaster negotiations, and fast-tracking career in trading specialism.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of TV Trading but will also work closely with both the Head of Digital & Product and Head of Audio.
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from
- The work – you’ll be part of a team overseeing the largest AV deal book in the U.K. market, negotiation on industry leading deals and working with trading specialists who offer strategic investment solutions to clients
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Begun to build strong relationships with trading team, GroupM, wider AV function and senior media owners
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom.
- Developed a sound understanding on our trading and investment deals including market leading products
In six months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the trading team, acting as an invaluable support to your Head of TV Trading, wider trading team and of course the AV function
- Taken responsibility for agreed work streams across AV channels
- Become a key day to day contact for GroupM and AV function
- Become a key point of escalation to help resolve AV issues with media owners
In 12 months, you would have:
- A very clear and defined development plan within trading specialism with clear objectives, identified training and development needs
- Be leading by example, inspiring, motivating and cultivating culture of the AV function
- Become completely proficient in supporting the management and delivery of the MediaCom AV deals whilst working closely with GroupM and Head of TV Trading
- Become involved in work outside of the immediate trading team – supporting business groups to deliver strategic investment solutions to clients
- Been part of the team to work on a major AV trading deal with GroupM
Responsibilities of the role:
The AV Trading Associate Director will support the Head of TV Trading in the management and delivery of all AV deals across MediaCom UK. They will be part of a team who will lead the relationships with media owners to secure best in class terms and put MediaCom at the forefront of new trading, product and data opportunities across AV.
What you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in AV trading with senior stakeholders within agency and externally with sales houses
- Be passionate about Investment and Trading
- Experience at a senior level both operationally and technically within AV and have the ability to handle very complex situations and providing solutions
- Sought out by wider agency as expert in their area for advice and solutions
- Strong media owner relationships
- Highly connected with the rest of the agency
- Advanced commercial acumen
- Create business opportunities within specialism
- Strong negotiator
- Handle large scale financial and trading conversations both internally and externally
- A strong and clear communicator
- Influential with peers, senior management and media owners
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Positive, proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Coca Cola, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into six Business Units made up of billings between £180m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace), implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 4, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Victoria Appleby.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUKFollow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.