PR & Communications Manager
MediaCom North are looking for a PR and Communications manager to join the new group marketing function looking after Mediacom North, Code Computerlove and Cheetham Bell brands. You will need to be highly motivated, adaptable and have a passion for PR and copywriting.
As part of the marketing and sales team you will be responsible for creating amazing stories across group and for having the strong relationships with national, local, trade and online press to gain maximum exposure. You will need to have excellent writing skills and a good ability to spot story opportunities that promote the group brands.
You will need to:
- Develop and implement a PR and communications plan
- Build relationships with key national, international and trade press media contacts.
- Facilitate introduction meetings and interviews with people to court coverage
- Support interviews generated by preparing talking points, briefing notes and also drafting commentary/articles which will raise the profile of the spokesperson
- Develop a digital press contact list and look to develop links with industry bloggers and online commentators on areas of business focus
- Act as the Press office, disseminating a regular flow of news releases and commentary on activity across Mediacom North brands
- Create and delivery of content through press, award entries, social, email, blogs and more.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to work closely with account teams to find the best stories from across the businesses
- Support the wider marketing and sales team with events, content and collateral creation.
- You must have proven experience in a PR and communications role
- Have an ability to find a hook, turning something ordinary or mundane into a captivating story
- Experience measuring and analysing the success of PR plans
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Substantial media relations experience
- Able to form relationships quickly and effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have good written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Can work under pressure.
- Have an eye for detail.
- An opportunity to work for the UKs largest media agency working with the best people, thinkers and clients in the UK
- The chance to work with some of the best brands and businesses in the UK across all categories including retail, travel, charity, and finance
- You will get a fantastic benefits package and be part of a culture that continually puts its people first. We have lots things happening throughout the year in addition to your benefits, which focus on your total wellbeing and enjoying where you work. We also have an on-site barista to fulfil all your caffeine needs for free :)
Flexible working is a part of our culture and MediaCom North are proud to be an inclusive employer that can (and will!) offer flexibility in employment from the first day you join us as a member of our team. We recognise that our people want a lifestyle balance that truly reflects and accommodates the many demands of the modern-day world. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss options with anyone interested in becoming a ‘MediaCommer’ as we already have several initiatives in place with options incorporating flexibility from both an hours and location perspective.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.