UK & Ireland Comms Planning Account Director
m/SIX Comms Director – EMEA & Ireland
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategists, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are looking for a Comms director that has specialist knowledge of the Irish media market.
The role will primarily cover Britvic Ireland and Skyscanner, but also has the opportunity to flex and include Bridgestone UK who are a Tokyo 2020 Olympic Partner, and Tate & Lyle over time.
This person will be the main day to day client lead for Britvic Ireland, and will be the local face of m/SIX. They need to be comfortable with clients of all levels, as well as being able to take a brief and lead our response with the local GroupM buying experts in Ireland, and our teams in London.
Britvic Ireland will be the main responsibility for this role in terms of time, at around 50% FTE. Britvic’s brands in Ireland include Miwadi, Club, Ballygowan, Robinsons, Purdeys, Fruit Shoot and Drench. They will be based in our London Office and will be very much part of the m/SIX London team. They will work very closely with the London teams, but will be the day to day Irish market media lead internally and externally in the client’s eyes, with support from the m/SIX EMEA Britvic lead.
This person will be the go to contact for our Irish clients and will need to form trusted relationships, that strengthen our client scores. They will glue the relationship between our Irish clients and m/SIX London.
The role will involve meetings in Ireland as required, which could potentially be planned around weekends and visiting friends and family if this was of interest. We anticipate the frequency being 1-2 per month.
We are ambitious in our plans for the Irish market, and this role will involve helping us grow our local footprint and will be involved with new business opportunities
The second key account for the role is Skyscanner. The Skyscanner platform is available in over 30 languages and is used by over 100 million people per month. Skyscanner are a new business win for m/SIX, and the client has very ambitious plans for the brand in 2020 and beyond after their $1.75 billion purchase by Chinese travel giant Trip.com.
Skyscanner’s ambition is to be the next Booking.com, Expedia, Trivago etc and move away from a purely performance marketing philosophy. m/SIX will be a key partner in their journey in how they bring together a “full funnel” approach, that integrates brand and performance marketing, based on the rich data signals consumers provide in the travel category.
This role will work with the Skyscanner client lead across EMEA and key Global markets, and will be part of the core HUB team in London. They will be a key cog in forming trusted relationships with clients as well as the m/SIX network. They will work with the HUB team in leading planning responses, and ensuring the m/SIX network is working effectively.
They will be in regular contact with the m/SIX local teams and will be a key cog in how our network performs.
Key example projects that this role will oversee with our teams could include, brand campaigns across multiple markets, performance campaigns, brand tracking, market mix modelling, media partnerships and reporting
- Analytical media planner – be able to use all key industry tools to drive insight and robust media plans
- Be able to put together a great story
- Ability to pull out a great audience insight
- Confident planning all channels and how they fit together
- Comfortable presenting to clients with gravitas
- Relishes getting their hands dirty writing decks
- Ensures all teams are accountable and deliver on the basics brilliantly
- Ability to work across multiple m/SIX markets and integrate our responses
- Lead day to day requests with local markets
- Build up relationships with local m/SIX teams
- Confident managing multiple markets and the workflows associated with them
- Be passionate about new business and drive our teams responses – especially in comms/ media planning. There is a big opportunity for this person to really drive our business in Ireland
- Develop our relationships with our local clients and deliver TRR scores of 8+
- Look for new revenue opportunities eg SEO / Data and modelling / partnerships
- Ensures that financial processes are maintained efficiently
- We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years media agency experience
- Because this role will be our Irish lead in London, they will need to be comfortable both working in a close knit team and also representing the agency as a client lead in Ireland
- Entrepreneurial – there is a real opportunity to help grow our business in Ireland
- Irish media market expert. Comfortable travelling to Ireland as required
- Enjoys the variety this role provides across two very different clients
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.