Digital and Data Partner
Mediacom - Digital & Data Partner
Overview of job
Digital is a dense and highly complex web of technology, data, content and media. The evolution of technology has led to a seemingly non-stop wave of innovation, increasing the speed of change in a world where nothing remains constant. We believe our role is to untangle this web of confusion, becoming the most valued digital and data partner for our clients, guiding them through an era of disruption and simplifying the complex.
Digital & Data Partner
MediaCom London is split into 6 Business Groups. Each Business Group is led by a Managing Partner, with a dedicated Digital & Data Partner working alongside them to deliver world class work and strategic leadership across the Business Group.
The Digital & Data Partner will lead this role; gaining a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, applying their knowledge to simplify the landscape and identify the role that digital and data can play in creating positive change to grow our clients’ businesses. With responsibility for all senior digital and data client relationships, you will understand the need for transformation in modern business and provide strategic guidance on the role digital and data can play in addressing that.
The Digital & Data Partner is supported by a team of Digital Directors, Business Directors and specialist teams to deliver market leading solutions for our clients.
The Business Group is focused on Lloyds Banking Group, which includes Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Scottish Widows, Bank of Scotland, Lex Auto Lease, MBNA, Schroders and Birmingham Midshires.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Managing Partner of the Business Group with a secondary reporting line into the Chief Digital & Data Officer
3 best things about the job:
- Owning the Digital & Data strategy for a dedicated Business Group. This includes full responsibility for the group’s clients, setting the digital direction and managing market the leading vendor relationships in media, data and tech.
- The scale, support and resource of the UK’s biggest agency. Your dedicated digital team sit within the Business Group and you will also be supported by talented specialists in Data & Analytics, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Experience Design
- An opportunity to be entrepreneurial - we encourage our leaders to inspire new ways of working and to create new products for clients
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Set out a clear vision for digital & data within your Business Group
- Identified key areas for development and change
- Working with the Managing partner to identify key clients & team members to focus on
In six months, you would have:
- Created a high performing digital & data offering within your Business Group
- Started to transform and change the conversation across your key clients
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered incremental revenue growth from additional services outside media
- Gained the trust of key clients and started to apply a customer driven marketing approach
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be the key digital & data contact and escalation point for the senior clients, actively engage and build client strong relationships – become indispensable.
- Provide thought leadership, opinion and introductions to Mediacom’s specialist services
Strategy & Planning:
- Plan the digital and data transformation for the clients within your Business Group
- Create client transformation roadmaps where they do not currently exist
- Ensure that long term digital and data strategies are being delivered
- Lead strategic digital & data partner relations for your Business Group e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon etc
- Work with the Managing Partner to drive new revenue growth across the Business Group, with particular focus on strategy, consulting and additional services
- Work with the Head of Investment and Head of Digital Trading to ensure all campaign activity in the Business Group follows trading, investment and brand safety guidelines
- Ensure that digital teams within your Business Group develop and maintain a rigorous set of operational processes around campaign budget management and reconciliation with a view to achieving zero financial write off in the year.
- Lead and inspire a team of 25 digital experts on Lloyds
- Work with the horizontal specialist teams in Data, Product and CX and bring in the right talent to meet the clients’ changing needs
- Develop the digital and data specialists within your team to ensure they have the very best opportunities to grow and identify any specialist training and development needs
What you will need:
Intro to the role?
- A seasoned expert in digital media, adtech, martech, eCommerce and data platforms
- A track record of delivering exceptional digital work for clients or as a client
- Strong digital-performance marketing skills
- Strong relationships with digital & data partners, vendors, platforms and suppliers
- A strong foundation in media planning principles and an understanding of the role media plays in a wide communications ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of 1st / 2nd / 3rd party data - how each should be applied and connected to provide customer driven marketing solutions
- A solid understanding of Identity Management and how brands should be looking to use data across the entire Customer Experience – both online and offline
- Ability to influence the most senior and demanding clients/partners/internal stakeholders
- Excellent skills in consultative selling
- Embraces and manages ambiguity/complexity and has the ability to adapt
- The ability to simplify the complex
- Drive and ambition
- Resilience and calm in the face of adversity
- Leads by influence and example to inspire and motivate the team
- A sense of humour
- A small ego
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.