SEO Account Director
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the fastest growing agencies in the world. As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age.
This means our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the silos and ways of working of traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: which is to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand.
We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with. As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions.
- To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate
- To be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Over the past year, we have revamped our natural search offering and have recently launched our new Customer Experience division which covers four key pillars: SEO and Content, Digital PR, CRO and Digital Analytics.
We have recently won some new business so are now looking to bring in a talented Account Director to support both our Head of Customer Experience and CX Business Director in delivering best in class work.
The main responsibility for the SEO Account Director is to manage and drive Natural Search and content campaigns across our range of clients working directly into the Customer Experience Business Director.
As a fast-growing department within the fastest-growing digital agency in the UK, this role offers a great opportunity to work in an environment that combines pioneering innovation with exceptional client integration. We are looking for someone who is interested in working on outstanding, performance lead accounts with an enthusiasm for data and an eye for detail The candidate will be directly responsible for the management and development of two SEO Account Managers (Content and Technical) and a Senior Account Executive so experience in managing a diverse team is important.
The SEO AD will also play a key role in assisting the Customer Experience Business Director with running our key accounts.
We require the candidate to have high and proven range of owned & earned media skills. Experience with producing technical audits, link penalties and content migration projects as well as the standard on-page SEO tactics is key. The candidate may be required to deal directly with IT/Development teams as well as marketing and editorial professionals across various clients so clear and effective communication is also vital.
Understanding the value of content and how it affects SEO is crucial. The candidate will need to have proven experience in both creating content for search and understanding trends to find new areas to explore. They will be responsible for guiding the Content and Technical Account Managers in best practice across project development, insights and delivery and therefore a broad knowledge base is essential.
There will also be a heavy focus on integration with the wider digital and ATL teams so the candidate will need to show they have experience within an integrated performance environment.
They must also need to combine a rigorous commitment to data and analytics, maximising ROI and experience with both brand and performance clients.
- Demonstrable relevant industry experience
- We encourage candidates from diverse education backgrounds to apply
- A willingness to take on big challenges
- Great social skills and a love for people
- Confident self-starter with the ability to motivate others
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Inquisitive mind with a hunger for all things media and marketing
- Strong & proven client servicing skills.
- Management of SEO campaigns with a proven track record of delivering results against client objectives
- High working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords and other SEO tools
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating direct reports to deliver multiple projects
- Good exposure of PPC and an appreciation of how the two channels interact.
- Proven experience successfully running different SEO projects such as link penalties, content migrations and technical audits
- Defining and managing client reports, including tracking performance against targets
- Campaign reporting, analytics & recommendations, monitoring KPI targets against actuals.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key partners and seek first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Ability to present complex subjects with clear rationales and recommendations, while working independently
- Numerate and comfortable working with Excel and Powerpoint
- Preferred Skills
- A strong foundation in technical skills, such as managing website migrations, page speed analysis and resolving indexation issues
- Experience in running Content projects, such as Strategies, Calendars, Audits and Gap Analysis
- Some experience using Google Data Studio, Datorama, Tableau and/or other data visualization and management tools, and a keenness to explore Data Studio further
- Knowledge of Google Webmaster Tools & SEOmoz
- Knowledge of analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics & Omniture
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- A keen interest in digital media, search, social media, web development and digital technologies
- An understanding of econometric and attribution modelling across the full marketing mix.
- Industry Qualifications i.e. IPA or Google Certified Advertising Qualified
- Exposure to content strategy, social listening, influencer marketing and/or traditional ATL campaigns
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.