Digital Operations Executive
Job Title: Digital Operations Executive
Reporting to: Digital Operations Manager
Location: Wavemaker Client Solutions, London
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
- Why is this role important to Wavemaker?
The Digital Operations Executive is:
- key point of contact for the day to day account management of our clients
- supports the Digital Operations Managers to ensure the smooth running of BAU for all accounts
- work closely with Wavemaker account teams to understand our clients’ businesses
- recommend ad technology & operations solutions to drive client strategies
- What is the context for the role – is it to transform, is it to lead, is it to develop products or people, it is to support a team etc.
The Digital Operations Executive's role is to:
- Support the client’s digital ad technology stack
- provide technical insight & support to the Journey Activation & other WM CS teams
- work on client projects e.g. implementing ad tech such as Tag Management Solutions, Verification services, etc
- be a primary point of contact for clients & internal customers for all Operations services
- What is happening both internally and externally that gives this role more clarity and purpose?
The Executive is closest to BAU ad operations and have unique insight into the effectiveness of the applied ad technology and services on accounts. They are key to driving improvement and growth across our clients at Wavemaker CS.
- What are the areas of accountability for this role, and what are some of the specific tasks you would expect the successful candidate to carry out?
- Lead the implementation of advertising campaigns & services within agreed timescales & workflows
- Clear communication to all stakeholders regarding timescales, best practices and SLA’s.
- Be the expert advisor in Advertising/Marketing technology & operations.
- Maintain a proactive account management system, including: Regular cross training and constructive feedback to enable flexibility of skills and resource across accounts
- Support and manage partnerships with relevant internal & external stakeholders to understand, document and deliver new technology and service requirements for clients
- Understand and deliver new technology and services to clients and stakeholders as required
- Provide a best in class system of processes and tools, including: tagging and tracking technologies, web analytics strategies, accuracy in data collection and technology
- Champion for Digital Operations services throughout the business
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends in Advertising/Marketing Technology.
- Proactive point of escalation, advice and support for all account team members and peers
- Provide constructive and professional feedback upon request/ as required.
- Support a superb working experience & culture for your team
New Business & Projects
- Participate in relevant projects as per team strategy and Personal Development Plan (PDP).
- Understand and apply the technologies of Wavemaker and our industry to team services
Remember not to make these descriptors too narrow or specific. We want to develop a diverse workforce, and requiring everyone to have come through a specific education or work background will restrict the variety of candidates we will consider
- What background is desirable?
- Media agency or publisher, data and technology industry or technology vendor
- What experience is important?
- 6+ months digital online / ad operations experience in a publisher or agency environment
- Experience in client liaison and account management
- Delivery of complex technical implementations using a multitude of platforms
- Troubleshooting and debugging of online ad campaign issues
- Quality Assurance testing of tags on client sites
- Organised & able to prioritise workload in a multi-tasking environment
- An understanding of the industry landscape would be would be preferred
- What qualifications are relevant?
- Google Campaign Manager, Sizmek, FlashTalking, Adform or any other relevant ad serving certification
- Google Analytics and / or Adobe Analytics certifications
- Tag management system certifications
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
Anything else important for your specific role?
- Proactive, pragmatic and results focused approach
- Passion for problem solving, an eye for detail, patience & highly motivated “can-do” attitude
- Excellent organisational, communication, team working and prioritisation skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Wavemaker, SEA CONTAINERS, 18 UPPER GROUND, london, se1 9ET, united kingdom
Phone: -+44 (0)207 803 2000 www.wavemakerglobal.com A GroupM Company
Registered Office: Wavemaker Global Limited, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London SE1 9ET
Registered in England No. 4078556 VAT Reg. No. 512 5421 86
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.