As our Research & Social Insights Manager you will be given the opportunity to work in an award-winning team, across our diverse portfolio of client and new business projects. The agency has great clients and no two days are ever the same; one day you could be conducting focus groups with builders and the next analysing the purchase journey for buying fragrances. If you like being exposed to a variety of categories and clients this role is for you!
The Research & Social Insights Manager will be responsible for translating briefs into insight proposals and delivering actionable outputs using a variety of data sources, that utilise both qual and quant methodologies. In addition to working across a wide range of clients and types of projects, the Research Manager will always be on the look-out for new innovations and approaches to for us to test, enrich our work and showcase our thought leadership.
The Research & Social Insights Manager will manage junior team members to ensure the team is focused on insight and provides gold standard deliverables.
Key areas of responsibility
You will be responsible for the following areas:
• Client Responsibilities
• Project work
• Team Management
• Innovation & Collaboration
• Technical skills
• Key day-to-day and point of contact for clients on specific projects
• Attend relevant client meetings to build/share knowledge and/or present project work
• Forge strong relationships with regular Audience Science clients
• Support the Research & Social Insight Director in taking client or internal briefs to develop a bespoke research approach; advising on the best solution to meet the research objectives, within budget
o Project manage qualitative and quantitative research studies, including WM Momentum projects, Wavemakers unique planning approach to understand the customer journey
• Write research/measurement proposals for clients complete with costs and timings that draw on a range of data resources and methodologies
• Write questionnaires/discussion guides for clients and work with all stakeholders to ensure accuracy
• Manage external vendors to ensure projects are on brief, delivered on time and within budget
• Be able to conduct paid, owned and earned analysis using our social insight tools
• Ensure that deliverables include actionable insight and recommendations and where necessary, are aligned with wider Wavemaker thinking
• Present research findings to clients, demonstrating strong data analysis and storytelling
• Be the Audience Science lead in pitches and present in pitches when necessary
• Become an expert user of proprietary, free and licensed insight tools
• Demonstrate commercial acumen - be aware of and seek new opportunities for commercial gain
• Lead and line manage junior team members to ensure they deliver work on time and to a high standard
• Responsible for the training and development of team members
Innovation & Collaboration
• Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners and vendors
• Work with media owners and/or vendors to identify new products and features Wavemaker should be testing or using
• Work with clients and colleagues to identify cross-agency solutions e.g. collaborations with the Innovation team to survey certain audiences in a new way
• Contribute to the evidence gathering process of awards writing to showcase great work across the team and agency
• Be an active member of relevant industry bodies (e.g. Media Research Group, MRS) and attend their training and events - where appropriate/applicable
• Excellent advanced Excel skills including
• Able to learn new skills and techniques quickly, and share best practice use across the wider team and beyond
• Preferred - Strong working knowledge of key research tools and sources such as TGI, IPA Touchpoints, Nielsen Addynamix, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Socialbakers, Comscore, Hitwise, YouGov Profiles, YouGov BrandIndex and Google insight tools
In January 2018 GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job at WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.