Account Director, Paid Search
Paid Search Account Director
Job title: Paid Search Account Director
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search and SEO
Client/s: Dyson EMEA hub
Reports to: Partner, Intent
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A role exists within Mindshare WorldWide FAST within a growing Paid Search and SEO specialist team. Dyson is an existing global client of Mindshare. As we continue to evolve our partnership with Dyson to help them achieve their global business ambitions, we have regionalised the management of digital, setting up 5 FAST hubs around the globe. We are looking for a Paid Search Account Director to join us and who will play an influential role in establishing the EMEA hub, taking ownership of the on-going Dyson client engagement as well as managing a team of search managers & executives.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and SEO channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, TKMaxx, Unilever, Dyson and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner, Intent. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Business Director. Working within the Dyson EMEA hub they will be integral to cross channel knowledge sharing and contributing to channel integration across FAST.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative in setting up processes and expectations for the Dyson search team within the EMEA hub. You will be expected to lead by example, growing the client base via new wins, engagement renewals and upselling new services.
- Exceptional paid search experience managing Direct Response clients, ideally multi market campaigns
- Experience utilising DR search tactics, optimising and developing search accounts to hit performance targets is essential
- Experience using Search management platforms, in particular SA360
- Understanding of how to execute PPC, including Google Shopping
- Experience of advanced PPC features such as DSA, RSA, Audiences and DDA
- Expert knowledge of search measurement capabilities
- Experience actioning in channel and digital attribution to optimize search campaigns
- An understanding of how search can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Exceptional project management, coordination skills
- Experience working with client leadership teams with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and leading client relationships
- Exceptional people management skills, including support and development of at least 2 junior team members
- Effective and efficient working style and approach to management & mentorship
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Language skills desirable
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action opportunities to future proof our clients within the fast-paced digital ecosystem. Whilst identifying opportunities to increase profitability and structuring the team to deliver profitable business in the short, medium and long term.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through the Search ecosystem, the FAST process, actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns. You will mentor others, encouraging Search Manager to take greater accountability and responsibility by empowering decision-making.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should champion ideas that push yourself and others outside their comfort zone in order to improve performance as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
An expert and thought leader in Paid Search:
- Be an expert in paid search and keep up to date with recent industry developments
- Become an expert in all paid search services offered by Mindshare Worldwide, ensuring outstanding client service and advancement of the group
- Be a trusted senior advisor over existing and future search engagements for internal and external stakeholders
Demonstrating excellent account management and client servicing:
- Take responsibility for the operations of your team managing your client portfolio
- Be the central client contact for your client portfolio, dealing at Director level and above with senior management within the client and Mindshare organization
- Apply best practice rigor to the way the team operates and manages the execution of paid search campaigns
- Be forward thinking and innovative in the development of search accounts and business opportunities, always thinking of additional or new services we can offer our clients
- Attend all important internal and external client search meetings to present, train and provide outstanding levels of client service in a proactive manner
Champion cross channel integration for all campaigns:
- Establish strong working and communication processes with all FAST and digital teams to provide guidance to facilitate exceptional integrated digital campaigns
- Develop ways of working that surface insights that can be used to optimize media and facilitate knowledge sharing across channels
Continuing to Develop and Lead our Search Team:
- Be commercially minded, ensuring effective management of available resources and be aware of all scopes of work for your client portfolio
- Take responsibility for your direct reports development and career progression within the agency
- Review work quality of the team and take appropriate actions and or training to improve quality levels
- Surfacing the best work within the team and promoting this internally and externally
- Contribute to the wider search and social team to develop a market leading product and workplace
Growing Our Business:
- Contribute to pitch team work and initiate central search collateral projects where clear business and profitability benefits can be seen
- Up sell additional Search services and expand search spends of existing client base
The Paid Search Account Director will be measured through five key factors:
- Achieving clients’ performance targets, client development and innovation
- Client retention
- Worldwide search team revenue
- Team development and retention
- Leading and contributing to the roll out of wider search team initiatives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.