Marketing Manager, Addressable TV
Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Essence and m/SIX.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the Team
Finecast in the UK is made up of an expanding team of 50+ people spanning Engagement, Operations, Client Services, Marketing, Business Operations, Finance and Product, Data & Analytics functions.
Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Addressable TV media marketplace is a new, complex, and fast-moving space.
The Marketing team are responsible for enhancing Finecast’s brand reputation, raising awareness of our products and services, and helping to drive new business.
The Role Objectives
The Marketing Manager will work alongside the Marketing Director and will be responsible for delivering on our UK marketing strategy in order to drive and build brand awareness of Finecast, our products and our work. The Marketing Manager will also be tasked with managing our internal communications.
The Marketing Manager will play a cross functional role in supporting Finecast’s growth by ensuring our messaging is clearly communicated and that we reach our customers in creative ways to tell our story.
- Implement the UK Marketing Plan – Support and drive marketing and product marketing campaigns and projects from conception to execution. You will track and report back on marketing effectiveness to the Marketing Director.
- Event Management – Oversee and execute local events; take the lead in producing content (presentations, handouts, HTML mailers and website contribution); be responsible for on-brand quality merchandise; and be point of contact for trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- Comms and Social Media – Manage our UK communications strategy and social media channels, working on tactical advertising campaigns to raise our awareness with clients. You will also manage our internal communications strategy with the Marketing Director and ensure our website stays up to date with latest news.
- Website Management – Lead and develop online content ensuring it is kept up to date with latest news stories, product information and case studies. Ensure all collateral is kept up to date in the Global Portal.
- Manage Case Studies and Award Entries – Work with our Product Marketing Director and team to unearth our strongest performing campaigns to develop exceptional case studies that are approved for external use. You will also produce a calendar of the most relevant awards and use our case studies to create award-winning submissions.
- Market Research and Advertising Effectiveness – Collaborate on initiatives that look to assess the size and potential of market opportunities and the factors that impacts the effectiveness of TV and Video advertising, relative to other media. You will support in the setup, coordination, delivery, and reporting of these projects.
Skills / Experience
- Marketing Marketing level experience
- Strong track record in Product Marketing
- Proven track record of compiling and delivering innovative marketing campaigns
- Strong copywriting skills
- Experience in sales support initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Good experienced in event management
- Highly organised, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Bright, charismatic, inspirational with the ability to win credibility internally
- You must have the ability to work in a team and be a great mentor to others
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications is highly regarded e.g. CRM tools (Salesforce and Pardot), online analytics (Google Adwords)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
Finecast Team Identity
We believe that brilliant teams attract the next generation of brilliant employees.
Our values matter because they set the tone for the way we behave internally and externally. They are real and lived every day.
INNOVATE: Through creativity and vision, we evolve.
BELONG: Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.
STRIVE: We support each other’s growth and development, to drive success.
RESPECT: We earn respect through trust and integrity.#LI-DW1
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.