AV Senior Buyer
MediaCom – AV Senior Buyer (Centrica, Moonpig, Lindt, NYB, Coca Cola)
Overview of job
The AV Senior Buyer will work across some of the biggest accounts in the agency. Our team are responsible for a range of clients including eBay, The Coca-Cola Company, British Gas, Lindt, Gumtree, Hive and Moonpig. The Senior Buyer will work with implementational planners to devise buying strategies that will deliver the best results for our clients and MediaCom. The role is predominantly buying focused but will incorporate some implementational planning responsibilities. The Senior will be responsible for best in class delivery across TV, VOD, Cinema & Radio (experience of TV and one other is essential for applicants).
Reporting of the role
This role reports immediately into the AV Manager and in some cases the Associate Director
3 best things about the job:
- You will work across some of the biggest and most prestigious accounts in the agency.
- You will be part of a wider AV team with best in class trading at the heart whilst having the opportunity to work closely with specialists in all channels.
- You will have the opportunity to work across an array of campaigns from large branding campaigns, innovative partnerships all the way through to data lead response campaigns.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Attend briefings
- Working with Connect to ensure plans are commercially sound & deliverable
- A senior channel co-ordination role – negotiating with saleshouses to get the best value delivery, quality and servicing in market for the Investment Broadcast team
In six months, you would have:
- Sourcing, evaluating and helping to sell in commercial opportunities
- Present post campaign analysis
- Reconciliation of TV value positions across the group
In 12 months, you would have:
- Working with Manager on audit work – calculating and requesting value and tracking bottom line discount vs. expectations
- Management of allocated accounts – ensuring that campaigns are delivered in line with objectives (strikeweights, value delivery and quality commitments)
Responsibilities of the role:
The Senior Buyer is responsible for ensuring delivery is consistent, accurate and of the best quality.
The Senior will be responsible for a range of output across their client set; this includes ensuring that the buyer or exec’s frontsheets and co-ordination work is correct, this will feed directly into the Managers, Associate Directors and Trading Heads. They will be responsible for training their Buyers and Execs to ensure that their solid AV knowledge is shared and implemented. They will lead the commercial exchange with their Connect counterparts, ensuring that investment is directed to commercially beneficial areas; driving profit for the agency. They will be involved in the audit delivery process, working closely alongside their Manager and Associate Director to deliver efficiently to their client guarantees in a commercially responsible way.
What you will need:
- Natural drive to make money
- Strong media owner relationships
- Driven & committed
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Commercially astute
- Passionate to explore new ways of trading
- Attention to detail
- Multi skilled in media buying
- A real team player who has the ability to share their knowledge
- Willing to muck in and get your hands dirty
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.