Owned Media Consultant
Owned Media Consultants - all levels
Over the coming years we plan on redefining the Owned Media landscape in the Nordics by tapping into current industry trends and opportunities and establish GroupM as the place to be if you’re looking for an exciting career within either SEO or the broader category of Owned Media.
Next generation media is about fuelling better marketing outcomes through significant digital transformation investments. By guiding our clients through the process of investing in their own data, technology and content ecosystems we can offer them an uneven playing field and the opportunity to dominate their competitive landscape.
In such a rapidly changing world, we have little use for playbooks and best practices. Instead we’re looking to create the future with our clients through collaborative innovation and the design of cutting edge solutions.
GroupM requires ambitious, analytical and technically proficient SEO & Owned Media consultants to join our award winning and rapidly growing team. We’re looking for people who are open, optimistic and keen to deliver extraordinary work in a collaborative and learning organisation.
The role will support both local and international SEO teams and will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s biggest brands. Experience working in highly competitive and performance driven sectors is essential.
Senior consultants will be working alongside the team Heads and client leads delivering strategic recommendations designed to grow our clients’ businesses.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills and ambition to progress their career. Not only will the successful candidates be delivering owned media solutions for some of the largest brands in the Nordics (and the world), they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge in other discipline areas thanks to the close collaboration with specialists across the organisation.
Three best things about the job
- The clients: pioneering, industry leading clients who want to succeed in search and content and expect us to deliver extraordinary solutions to enable them to transform their marketing and drive their businesses forward.
- The technology: those extraordinary solutions are delivered through a mix of partnerships with some of the leading technology providers across the martech landscape and our own in-house innovations.
- The team: both the immediate team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at GroupM both locally and globally. And having access to a global network of some of the brightest minds in the industry presents some serious professional development opportunities.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong relationships with your day to day clients
- Developed strong relationships with client leads across our agencies
- Delivered excellence in Owned Media & SEO analyses, activity planning and implementation with demonstrable results for your clients
In six months, you would have:
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into clients’ Owned Media & SEO strategies
- Become an integral part of the team both in terms of learning from others and taking on mentoring responsibilities
- Helped with the ongoing development and automation of our Owned Media offering
In twelve months, you would have:
- Become a product owner for a specific offering area or specialisation (such as technical SEO, ecommerce, location marketing, or CX and CRO)
Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Owned Media team leads and client leads with all areas of Owned Media & SEO strategy, with emphasis on identifying and delivering ROI with your solutions
- Support the Owned Media team with the ongoing development and automation of our offering
- Support Owned Media specialists with in-project mentoring
- Deliver Owned Media & SEO analyses, activity planning and implementation with demonstrable results for your clients
- Maintaining our high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships and exploring strategically relevant opportunities
- Working to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue and bring on new business opportunities
- Contribution to commercial growth for the SEO team
We are looking for someone with
- Demonstrable experience in delivering SEO strategies yielding positive results for a range of clients including ecommerce clients
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently deliver high-quality work
- Ability to use leading SEO tools effectively and provide insights, including rank trackers, site crawl and technical analysis tools, and analytics tools
- Excellent understanding of web technologies
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be proactive in producing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential
- Data segmentation and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience in HTML/JS/CSS & AJAX websites
Essential personal qualities
- Accountable: you take responsibility for own work and that of others who are delivering in support of you and have attention to detail
- Collaborative: you believe in the value of bringing different skills and perspectives together and are able to work and learn in a highly collaborative environment
- Open: you are inclusive and transparent, default to open communication and teamwork rather than hoarding information or work
- Optimistic: you dare to imagine possibilities with a growth mindset and embrace challenges and obstacles rather than let them limit your ambition.
- Ambitious: you are motivated by delivering extraordinary work to your clients through a mix of cutting edge technology and creativity
- This is a full-time role which equates to:
- 37.5 hours per week
- 30 hours per week for 10 weeks over summer
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
- Market-based pension plan
- 3,000 kr/year wellness allowance and free access to a gym at the office
- Conferences (including our own NextM), kick-offs and other events
- Centrally located offices on Birger Jarlsgatan
- This role reports to the Director of Owned Media
Application and contact
Submit your application by uploading your CV and cover letter via Jobvite. If you have any questions regarding the role or recruitment process, please contact Scott Roemermann, Director Owned Media. Please note that we do not accept any email applications due to GDPR.
About GroupM and our Owned Media team
GroupM is one of the Nordics’ largest agency groups which consists of the multi award winning agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare and Quisma. We have about 1,000 of the brightest people in the industry working across seven cities in the Nordics and we’re a part of WPP with 130,000 employees in 112 countries.
Our GroupM specialist teams work alongside our agencies and have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the region, providing next generation media solutions to the leading brands across the Nordics.
Together with our Business Science and mStudio teams, the Owned Media team helps clients amplify the effect of their media budgets by investing in their own data, technology and content ecosystems.
Our Owned Media team architects those content ecosystems and the tech platforms they are built on to support both paid and earned media activations through various channels.
When it comes to achieving SEO outcomes, we have some of the sharpest SEO minds in the Nordics and are known for our large scale SEO projects including a programmatic SEO methodology which is especially exciting for e-commerce.
We have developed specialist capabilities to support retail businesses manage the transition from physical retail to strengthen their e-commerce and then achieve a unified commerce experience for their customers.
Diversity and Inclusion
GroupM aims to create an environment in which everyone is treated equally and has the same opportunities to develop in their career. We believe that greater diversity, inclusion and gender balance leads to more rewarding and successful workplaces.
A blend of views and experience also helps our teams to create work that connects with our clients’ diverse and global consumer base.
We select and promote our people on the basis of their qualifications and merit, without discrimination or concern for factors such as race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability. These commitments are set out in our Code of Business Conduct, which applies to all our people, in our Policy Book and on our intranet. Employees are trained on our commitment through our online ethics training, How We Behave, which includes training on diversity and unconscious bias.
To find out more about GroupM and our agencies visit us here: