Overview of job
We’re looking for an experienced Planner / Buyer to join our team in Edinburgh, who will be central to delivering data informed, innovative media campaigns that drive clients’ business performance. This is a role where they will gain excellent knowledge of the industry and will have a varied base of clients. They will also develop multichannel planning and buying skills.
3 best things about the job:
- The Role You will be central to producing innovative media solutions and will provide opportunity to plan and buy across all media channels and engaging with multiple MediaCom teams.
- The Team We have great company values and look after our people. We have a fun team culture, with a dedication to collaborative working, development and knowledge sharing. We offer a wellness fund, offsite parties, summer hours, breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit and lots of bespoke company discounts on a wide range of brands.
- The Clients are varied in terms of both sector and spend levels, therefore giving you a breadth of experience and learning opportunities. They are based across Scotland and internationally.
Responsibilities of the role:
A Planner Buyer should:
- Plan and buy media across a range of channels including and not limited to Digital, Press, Radio & OOH
- Assess media options and compile detailed recommendations for clients/team
- Deliver insight around target audience and market trends
- Campaign finance management including timely reconciliation, vouching and billing
- Support more junior members of the team such as the trainee in their development
- Deliver findings, reports with optimisation recommendations to your team/clients
- Support your manager in their roles on the account
- Work with AD to develop buying strategies and to ensure best value is delivered for clients
- Be able to provide regular campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Have a knowledge of industry media planning tools
- Demonstrate natural curiosity and challenge planning when required.
- A desire to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Knowledge of /interest in performance media
- Some experience working with key media systems, training will also be given in the job.
- Good numerical and administrative ability including excel
- The ability to analyse and optimise performance in the context of business success
- Good presentation skills, particularly in front of clients
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- To be a team player. We are proud of the team culture we have developed and the Planner / Buyer on the team will be expected to help enhance it.
- A positive, proactive and hardworking attitude.
- Good organisational skills, meaning you can prioritise tasks with support from AD and able show that you have some understanding of what is ‘urgent’ from what’s important.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this vacancy. We can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.