Media Planner - Boots Global Consumer Brands
Overview of job
We are looking for a brilliant & talented Planner to work on the exciting WBA Account across their Global Consumer Brands, including brands such as No7, Liz Earle, CYO, Soltan, Sleek, Botanics.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager and ultimately Associate Director on Global Consumer Brands.
3 best things about the job:
- An opportunity to develop award winning ideas on a fast-paced account and work on a range of brands from leaders all the way through to start-ups.
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a number of other WPP specialists across advertising, PR and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the WBA account, the category and the ways of working between all Mediacom/WPP teams/departments
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
- Assisted with getting insights on competitors and target audiences to inform communications strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a good relationship with multiple stakeholders, in particular our clients
- Take more of a lead in the planning on some of the smaller campaigns
- Actively contributed in client meetings
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become proactive with day-to-day, and effectively be able to answer client requests without guidance
- Shown evidence of work that has been done to a high standard with little input from your line manager
- Built a strong relationship with clients and become a trusted partner for the client
Responsibilities of the role:
What you will need:
- Work openly and collaboratively with immediate Planning teams, Investment teams and WPP agencies in order to help develop strategic solutions, plans and innovative ideas
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns. Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Develop an understanding and champion Mediacom’s Systems Planning process
- Help to keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Have/develop a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Demonstrate an active interest in the client’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise – become a category expert
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant information and learnings to the Client and wider team through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Analyse research studies and current trends to identify key insights and communicate these to the client when applicable
- Have the ability (when necessary) to confidently speak and provide relevant updates in a client meeting
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
- Prepare intelligence and support for client meetings.
- Provide inspiration for the team from related and unrelated competitors.
- Develop understanding of the media landscape, the different departments of MediaCom and how we do business and make money
- Participate in stretch sessions.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.