Account Executive, Paid Search
Paid Search Executive
Job title: Paid Search Executive
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search and SEO
Client: Dyson EMEA hub
Reports to: Partner, Intent
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A role exists within Mindshare WorldWide FAST within a growing Paid Search and SEO specialist team. Dyson is an existing global client of Mindshare. As we continue to evolve our partnership with Dyson to help them achieve their global business ambitions, we are regionalizing the management of digital, setting up 5 FAST hubs around the globe. We are looking for a Paid Search Executive to join us and who will play an influential role in establishing the EMEA hub and working with the Search Director managing the on-going Dyson client engagement.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and SEO channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, TKMaxx, Unilever, Dyson, and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner, Intent. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search team they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within Paid Search. They should be able to articulate what Paid Search is and how it differs from SEO.
- Enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within performance media channel
- Can provide a description of what Paid Search and SEO are
- Analytically minded with experience handling large data sets
- Able to spot trends in sets of data
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Highly organised, with an effective and efficient approach to managing tasks
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively, collaborate with others and work as part of team
- Additional language skills are advantageous
- An understanding of the functionality of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using basic features of excel
- Any programming or coding knowledge is advantageous
- University degree
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify way to accelerate you learning and development. To action innovative opportunities to support with the optimizing search accounts in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your team’s trust and confidence by supporting them with client deliverables and ensuring all search accounts are optimized to Mindshare’s Search best practices, actively listening and responding to their guidance.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance.
- Establish an understanding of the mechanics of Paid Search
- Complete the necessary specialist qualification, i.e. Google Search Fundamentals & Advanced, Google Shopping and Microsoft Advertising Accreditation
- Become confident in navigating the platforms required to manage paid search campaigns
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently create keyword lists and taxonomies for individual campaigns
- Understand what makes a compelling paid search ad
- Learn and apply the Mindshare search best practices in order to execute campaigns or provide guidelines to local markets
- Complete daily checks to monitor campaign budget and performance
- Understand what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these
- Understand how to identify and measure KPIs for search campaigns
- Learn how paid search campaigns are tracked and measured
- Learn to identify and act upon budget optimizations requirements
- Submit work to senior team members for review in a timely manner and to meet deadlines
- Keep up to date with digital media developments and share with the wider team
- Working with Google, Yahoo and Bing to support with running Paid Search campaigns. The opportunity to also learn how to run Gmail ads, Gemini ads, YouTube Video and Amazon Search campaigns
- Be able to use all key features in the native and 3rd part search management platforms, in particular campaign set up and reporting
- Assist with building best practice search campaigns end to end based on approved media plans
- Assist with writing paid search ad copy and identifying all applicable extension and best practices to maximise performance
- Understanding how audiences are used for paid search targeting and campaign optimization Ensuring accounts are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Ensure exceptional finance management by completing the Mindshare finance process for all clients
- Complete client reporting and analyze campaign results under the guidance of the Account Manager, with a view to developing insights out of the data over time
- Contribute to the generation of media plans
- Become confident in how to set up search campaigns
- Demonstrate you understand how all paid search campaign components can influence each other and performance
- Understand how paid search metrics interrelate and can influence each other
- Be able to identify what optimization lever are available to improve paid search performance to meet your client’s KPIs
- Have a working knowledge of how to make bid optimization using the native platform and 3rd party technology
- Support with weekly account optimization in addition to bid optimization
- Contribute to materials required for regular internal or client meetings
- Understand the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief
- Develop upon your skill to become an expert in search marketing
The Search Executive will be expected to demonstrate an enthusiasm to learn, with an inquisitive approach to develop their knowledge and capability to build, manage and plan Paid Search campaigns. Supporting the team with client campaigns to achieve agreed KPIs, proactively optimizing and monitoring search best practice are being applied, as well as display effective communication within the team and internal stakeholders.
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to learning and development
- Exceptional execution and application of Search Best Practices
- Meeting and exceeding client’s performance targets
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.