International Digital Account Executive
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Digital Planning Executive to work on several centrally activated international clients in a cross-channel digital planning capacity. The clients are a mixture of brand and performance advertisers, including Bridgestone (largest centrally activated client at m/SIX EMEA), Lexus (mixture of centrally activated brand campaigns and local-market strategic work) and London Business School (a performance-heavy centrally activated account).
The Digital Planning Executive is responsible for assisting the Digital Planning Manager with planning digital campaigns, producing strategic campaign recommendations and responses to brief, assisting on central and local ad hoc projects and co-ordinating responses from digital specialists at m/SIX and local markets across Europe. Digital planning is a unique team at m/SIX where it sits between the client, the account team and the digital specialists.
We’re looking for a someone who is passionate about the digital media and advertising industry, highly organised, knows how to prioritise a variable workload and has an interest in planning campaigns at a holistic level rather than activating a campaign on a DSP. There will also be opportunities to present to clients and internal teams so someone who has experience with this or is comfortable with presenting to groups is key. They must be personable and good at building relationships as they will be required to work with a broad-range of stakeholders (clients, digital channel specialists, account teams, strategists and m/SIXers across Europe).
What will be your responsibilities?
- Assisting with the creation of strategic digital campaign responses (primarily across programmatic and paid social channels)
- Collating and producing weekly reporting data and commentary
- Briefing media vendors and internal digital specialists on new campaign briefs and ad hoc projects/tasks
- Creating digital media plans (for smaller campaigns)
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key digital partners (e.g. LinkedIn, Xaxis, Unruly, Facebook) and who will seek bespoke innovative opportunities
- Analysing campaign results and creating actionable insights and learnings to feed into the digital specialists and future campaigns
- Producing post-campaign analysis (PCAs) reports, across all markets
- Ensuring that each channel is reconciling spend each month and before the agency deadline
- Working with the Technology team to ensure all data sources are pulling into real-time reporting dashboards
- Working with account teams and digital specialists on ad hoc tasks
- Communicating with local m/SIX markets on ad hoc digital requests
- Booking campaigns on Media Explorer/Prisma
- Developing digital knowledge via training courses and meetings with key vendors
Who are you?
- A digital assistant/executive with +1 years’ experience who aspires to be a digital generalist rather than a channel specialist. You may already work in a programmatic or biddable team and want to leave behind activation and focus more on the bigger picture, learning about multiple digital channels
- Have an interest in working on cross-market, international accounts. Previous international experience is a plus, but not essential
- Interest and knowledge of video advertising online is a plus, e.g. YouTube and programmatic video
- Experience working with brand advertisers and campaigns
- You have a high attention to detail and are able to collaborate well with others
- Knowledge of how to pull reports in Google Campaign Manager, Facebook Business Manager, Integral Ad Science, Google Analytics and dashboards (e.g. Datorama)
- Proficient at Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Passion for digital – having an appetite for learning about the latest channel, format or targeting method
- Strong communicator as you will be speaking to a wide range of people, some of whom English is not their first language
- Knowledge of financial booking systems (e.g. Prisma or Media Explorer)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.