Digital Account Director - Planning
Objectives of the Role:
As a Digital Account Director, you will be responsible for formulating and managing the delivery of digital strategies across all pertinent online channels for your suite of clients. You will be expected to work closely with the Business Director of your business group to develop and execute broader communications strategies, using yout knowledge of the role of digital within the clients connected execution system
Requires strong business acumen and communication skills, as well as a responsibility to protect, grow and generate new income streams for MediaCom. Senior clients should feel confident to call you on any aspect of their business.
- Be a key contributor to the successful financial running of your accounts
- Ensure to and your teams understand the importance of trade insurance and how it applies to each of your clients
- Good credit control on all your accounts, including ensuring all procedures are adhered to
- Help ensure all SOx procedures are followed by the client account teams
- Ensure good administration is undertaken on all accounts
- Assist the business director with billing forecasting across clients, keeping a close eye on changes/potential changes and communicating promptly
- Support your Business Director, helping drive MediaCom forward, whilst maintaining a strong core business
- Help clients to transform their business and realise their vision
- Understand your clients inside out and be able to talk at a senior level on factors affecting their business and the impact therefore on comms
- Continually building and demonstrating an insight into digital consumer behaviour
- Take responsibility for providing clients with innovative digital media solutions and demonstrable return on investment
- Provide clients with guidance on digital budget allocation
- Create comprehensive digital meda briefs and work with the media investment teams to maximise the quality of response
- Evaluating competitor media behaviour using your knowledge of the sector coupled with industry standard tools such as GA360, Comscore, Hitwise
- Deliver compelling client documents and presentations, providing evidence of added value
- Protect, grow and generate new income streams for MediaCom
- Have a collaborate and inclusive working relationship
- Maintain quality control of plans and delivery of objectives
- Setting deadlines across the team and ensuring work is delivered on time, to the highest standard
- Ensure total professionalism regards all MediaCom branded output to clients and otherwise
- To work constructively with other members of agency. Ensure that all internal teams work well together
- Work on being inspirational within the team. Give clear visions and expectations
- Create more cohesive team energy
- Help develop the next generation of people taking an active role in the setting of KPI’s and objectives
- Understand areas for development amongst the more junior team and help plan training schedules accordingly
- Ensure a culture of honest feedback is followed through with direct reports and team in general
- Share the good work you and your team do with the rest of the planning team and wider agency
- Comply with the 360 process promptly and accurately
- Be seen as someone people are able to turn to for advice, displaying a cool head and ability to listen/understand any situation
- Strong clarity of thinking,
- Supportive and flexible working style
- Enthusiasm and passion about what we do
- Curious and interested
- Team player
- Strong business acumen
- Go over and above day to day client and team responsibilities.
- Be proactive in developing ideas that make MediaCom better
- Make sure digital media planning is centred on key insights
- Help stimulate creative thinking amongst team members
- Be well read on media and marketing articles/books
- Sensitivity to creative ideas and how they might translate into media planning ideas.
- To be able to evaluate the effect of a campaign as a whole and media’s contribution to it.
- Clear understanding of dynamics, costs and potential of each media.
- To understand remuneration contract and profit expectations of the business.
- Listening skills: - how to take a brief, ask open ended questions, take account of client concerns.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.