Performance Account Executive - Telco
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
Performance media encompasses all elements of display, paid search and social, working with external partners as well as creating and managing campaigns on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (and other emerging platforms). This will include a variety of functions including research, campaign setup, optimisation, reporting and analysis and will require a keen eye for detail as client budget management is a core part of this role.
The role will be working closely with an Account Manager and Director in managing our client’s campaigns. A significant amount of training will be provided to enable you to fulfil the role effectively.
You will be assisting on large accounts and eventually managing your own smaller accounts with supervision. There will be some client contact in this role but your main contacts will initially be internal, media owners, other agencies and supplier
- Building of bespoke digital media campaigns, including setting up campaign structures, tracking implementation, keyword and audience research.
- Management of existing paid search and social campaigns with best practice application. This includes reporting, bid optimisation, testing, account expansions, budget tracking and reconciliation, and implementation of process to improve efficiency.
- Reporting, building and management of standard and ad hoc reports and analysis, post campaign analysis, support on monthly/quarterly reviews.
- Making recommendations on optimisation actions, taking insights from current performance and analysing the competitive landscape.
- Being adaptable, reacting to a diverse range of client requests to help provide a best in class service.
- Planning, managing, reporting and analysis on smaller campaigns with less input from AM and AD
- Strong numerical skills with previous experience either as a media or accounting assistant
- Organised and methodical approach to record keeping and a solutions focussed mindset
- Have a strong desire to learn other media channels and strive to develop clearly thought through media strategies.
- Engage and be compelling when communicating both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate care and consideration for your team.
- Deepen relationship with client and through internal partnerships
- Work collaboratively (reactive and proactive) with your team.
- Step up in accountability and responsibility through decisive action and proven use of accrued professional resource and experience.
- Demonstrate working well under pressure, effective time management and multi-tasking with excellent attention to detail.
- Show ability to adjust to changes in the scenario.
- Provide media buying recommendations and resourceful problem solving both internally and externally while developing and maintaining strong client relationship
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.