Ad Operations Manager
Job Title: Ad Operations Manager
Reporting to: Ad Operations Manager, WM Precision
The Ad Operations team sits in the Data and Technology department within our WM Precision function.
The Ad Operations team is the foundation of the Data and Technology department, a team of highly trained campaign specialists, responsible for all digital campaign trafficking and tagging across some of the agency’s biggest clients.
The Ad Operations Manager’s role can broadly be split into three key areas of responsibility:
First, you will be responsible for effective campaign management and monitoring for a number of agency clients. This includes digital campaign trafficking across all major ad server platforms, third-party vendor tagging, and other clients’ data and media vendor tags. You will need to work according to operational standards specified by the Ad Operations Manager and act as a champion of standards, ways of working, and data stewardship. You will work with other members of the Data and Technology team as well as the larger Precision function to assist in expanding our existing technology stack, integrating with global Ad Operations and new and emerging advertising technologies.
Second, you will be clients’ and account teams’ first point of contact when it comes to Ad Operations, providing subject matter expertise. You will immerse yourself in clients’ structures, teams, and briefing processes to build great understanding of both the agency and client business. You will not only work with client requirements, but you will look for opportunities to make better use of client data and implement ways of turning that data into valuable insight.
Third, you will provide guidance and instruction to more junior members of the team when it comes to more complex campaign trafficking and, where necessary, site tagging. Previous experience will allow you to inform the team on day-to-day work processes in terms of deciphering limitations and offering potential improvements. You will also be able to offer support to fellow team and WM Precision members who require solutions to trafficking-related issues.
- Collaborating with account teams to work on digital campaign briefs to determine and flash out trafficking and tagging requirements
- Trafficking campaigns for the agency clients and managing their site tagging with a manager at the helm available for troubleshooting, training, or any questions in general
- Work closely with account and client teams to ensure the smooth running of Ad Operations services, with appropriate level of support and communication
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that digital fundamentals are understood and practised by everyone involved
- Contribute to and champion best practice and quality assurance
- Mentor other members of the Ad Operations team
- Where necessary, offer guidance on the Ad Operations ways of working to other teams
- Mentor internal rotational graduates where necessary
- Deputy to Ad Operations Manager
- Competent user of ad server technology – e.g. Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Adform, etc. – and third-party tagging. Minimum of twelve months’ experience
- Core understanding on digital advertising and associated technological principles – e.g. ad serving, tagging, web analytics (GA), attribution, etc.
- Be able to demonstrate the enthusiasm to work under pressure within a fast-paced digital environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Curious mind and attention to detail – able to follow processes and spot errors
- Exposure to conversion tag setup and site tag implementation
- Experience trafficking campaigns using dynamic creative
- Commercially aware with an interest in campaign performance
- Display enthusiasm for process improvement and operational efficiency
- Problem-solving abilities – able to think ’outside the box’
- Experience working in a team with strict deadlines and procedures
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.